Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about a Desmond's Journey memory. You may be looking for another memory of the same name.
Desmond Miles explored the Animus, wandering through abstract recreation of the path he took upon leaving the Assassins.
- Animus: Memory sequence archived. Recalibrating Animus idle parameters.
- Desmond: I wanted out. I wanted my own life. To live my own way. Sixteen years old. And where was I going? No idea. Just away. That's it. That was the plan. Not much of one. They never guessed what I was doing, because I didn't know what I was doing. I just walked right out. Someone realized I was gone. They shouted. I started running.
- William: Desmond! Desmond!
- Desmond: I just ran and ran and ran. All that training was finally worth something. God, it was so dark when I left. And the forest... endless. I didn't dare take the roads.
- Mother: Desmond, where are you?
- Desmond: Mother, calling out. Begging me to stay. But I wouldn't. I followed the hills down. Down until I hit a stream. I followed that to a river, and from the river to an old access road. I walked for hours that day, the summer sun keeping me warm well into the evening. Found a clearing after dark. Fell asleep beneath the stars. Never had a quieter night. Not before or since. Walking, too scared to hitch a ride. What the hell was I doing? Lost in the badlands for a day. Felt like a week. Endless ocean of wrinkled earth. Can't believe a place could look so dead.
- Desmond: I'm gonna die, aren't I? I'm gonna die here.
- Desmond: Finally met some girls from Illinois. So bubbly. So kind. One day drive to Omaha. Another to Chicago. Then, somewhere, someone said to me...
- Man: If you got nothing, you go to New York. That way, if you leave with nothing, people don't ask why. And if you leave with something, you are one lucky son of a bitch.
- Desmond: So that's where I went. New York City. Into skyscrapers and subways. Into filth and folly. Into the maddening crowds.
- Access to this memory was unlocked after collecting 15 Animus data fragments.
- When Desmond reached the badlands, an eagle's cry could be heard.
- The achievement "Escape to New York" was unlocked after completing the memory.