Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
2 January 1500
Ezio awoke from blacking out, where he saw himself being dragged through Monteriggioni by some mercenaries.
- Ezio: Basta! (Enough!) I can walk.
- Mercenary: Look out! They are coming! Everyone retreat to the Villa!
- Ezio: I cannot fight like this. Stand with me!
- Claudia: Ezio!
- Ezio: Get inside the Sanctuary.
- Claudia: Follow me!
- Mercenary: I will hold them back!
- Ezio: Stop! Wait for us!
- Paganino: We thought you had been killed, Ser Ezio.
- Ezio: Not yet.
- Paganino: Where does this passage lead?
- Ezio: To the north, outside the walls.
- Paganino: I'm surprised it exists.
Ezio stepped on a raised stone in the floor, flattening it. A hidden wall moved to shut off the room from the remainder of the Villa.
- Paganino: Let me through, I must go help the troops.
The thief slipped through the gap to fight the invading soldiers, before Ezio barricaded the hidden wall in place, sealing the Sanctuary. Ezio then entered the Sanctuary where his mother Maria and Claudia waited with a group of people in front of the statue of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad.
- Claudia: Hurry Ezio!
- Ezio: Where's mother? Is she all right?
- Maria: I am here Ezio.
- Ezio: Grazie a Dio (Thank God).
- Claudia: We could not leave without you.
- Ezio: The way out will be dangerous. Protect our mother.
After a while, they emerged from the tunnel.
- Claudia: Where is Mario? I thought he would be waiting for us.
- Man: The Borgia infantry are circling the town!
- Ezio: Mario is dead. You must leave this place. Take mother to Firenze.
Ezio turned towards a townsperson.
- Ezio: Get me a horse!
- Claudia: You are not coming with us? Where are you riding?
- Ezio: To Roma.
- Maria: Go, my son, destroy them... but remember for whom we Assassins fight.
Ezio mounted the horse and rode for Rome.
As Monteriggioni was left in ruins, Ezio, Claudia, Maria and the townspeople escaped through the tunnels underneath the city. Ezio then rode for Rome, but collapsed from his injuries along the way.
- If the Animus map was checked during the final cutscene where Ezio passed out, the player would see that Ezio was in fact heading along the southeast road connecting Monteriggioni to San Gimignano, and that Ezio was riding towards Monteriggioni instead of away from it.
- After Ezio wakes up, if the entrance to Monteriggioni is looked at, the tall tower will still be standing, however, in the previous mission the tall tower was knocked down by a cannon ball.