From an early age, Bennun possessed an interest in drawing, which he pursued after graduating from secondary school. He enrolled at the Krastyo Sarafov National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts, paying for his studies by opening a freelance business. However, combining working and studying led Bennun to spend ten years at the academy, rather than the usual five, and he ultimately did not manage to graduate.
Bennun spent the next years doing various jobs, including 2D animation, designing newspaper and book cover illustrations, but also working in bars and restaurants. He subsequently resolved to find employment in the videogame industry and was hired by Gameloft's studio in Sofia in 2005.
In June 2006, Bennun joined Ubisoft Sofia, which only consisted of roughly thirty people at that time. Starting with CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder, he created primarily 2D art for the first few years, before becoming Art Director. For Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag , Bennun acted as Senior Concept Artist, following which he resumed his role as Art Director for Assassin's Creed: Rogue.
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (2006) - Ubisoft
- CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder (2007) - Ubisoft
- Chessmaster Live (2008) - Ubisoft
- Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X (2009) - Ubisoft
- Treasure Hunter Institute MMO (2011) - Ubisoft
- Unannounced game concept - Ubisoft
- Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD (2012) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (2012) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed: Rogue (2014) - Ubisoft
- Bennun is multilingual, being fluent in English, Hebrew and Bulgarian.
The following gallery contains concept artwork created by Eddie Bennun for the Assassin's Creed series.