While gathering information about Tamir at a courtyard in the west end of the Poor District of Damascus, Altaïr found a civilian bragging to another about his escape from guards at the Souk Al-Silaah.
Altaïr took a seat on a nearby bench and listened on the two men's conversation.
- Civilian 1: So, how did you manage to do it?
- Civilian 2: Oh ho ho ho! It wasn't easy, my friend. No, not at all. Cursèd merchant caught me trying to steal from him. Called for help.
- Civilian 1: I can't imagine the guards were pleased.
- Civilian 2: At least a dozen of them appeared! All well armed! And spoiling for a fight!
- Civilian 1: What did you do?
- Civilian 2: I ran! Over! Under! And through the crowd. Knocked over a few stalls for good measure. But they kept coming!
- Civilian 1: Then how did you escape?
- Civilian 2: With a little help from my friends.
- Civilian 1: What do you mean?
- Civilian 2: There's a couple of my brothers who gather around the southeastern entrance of the souk. They let me pass, and then turned their attention towards the guards. Kept them distracted while I got away. Without their help, I wouldn't be here right now.
Altaïr learned that a group of vigilantes frequent the southeastern entrance of the Souk Al-Silaah who may help in his escape should he need it provided that he earns their friendship.
- This memory is only present in the console versions of Assassin's Creed. In the PC version, it is replaced with Rooftop Race.