Altaïr approached the two civilians and sat on the nearby bench, eavesdropping on their conversation.
- Civilian 1: He's a coward! If it wasn't for the money, I'd be long gone!
- Civilian 2: You're either stupid or blind. Maybe it's both.
- Civilian 1: How can you say that!?
- Civilian 2: You didn't see what happened.
- Civilian 1: I saw well enough! Our caravan was attacked, and the first thing he did was flee!
- Civilian 2: No, he didn't run.
- Civilian 1: What are you talking about?
- Civilian 2: Do you forget what became of the men who attacked us?
- Civilian 1: Felled by our archers, thanks be to God!
- Civilian 2: Not our archers. Him, alone.
- Civilian 1: So you're saying... He saved us?
- Civilian 2: Yes, he headed for higher ground, and used his bow to kill them.
- Civilian 1: I... I had no idea.
- Civilian 2: The man's a master archer. You'd do well to remember that.
Altaïr learned that Talal favored a bow, and would try to shoot his enemies.