Eavesdropping was a virtual representation of one of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad's genetic memories, relived by Desmond Miles in 2012 through the Animus.
Altaïr came across three civilians, who spoke about Crusaders seen in Jerusalem, who were there to attend a funeral. The Assassin decided to eavesdrop on the conversation for further information.
Altaïr sat on a nearby bench and listened to the three men.
- Civilian 1: Did you see them?
- Civilian 2: No, but I've heard the whispers. Is it true? Crusader knights, in Jerusalem?
- Civilian 3: It is.
- Civilian 2: And?
- Civilian 3: Different from the others. Finely dressed and bearing expensive gifts.
- Civilian 1: We should relieve them of this burden.
- Civilian 3: They've made camp near David's Citadel, close to the cemetery.
- Civilian 2: To attend a funeral?
- Civilian 3: So it seems.
- Civilian 1: Then let us visit their camp, while they pay their respects.
Altaïr learned that Robert would be attending a funeral.
Altaïr observing the civilians