Altaïr came across two men, and overheard that one of them had a son, who was to be executed by Majd Addin that day. The Assassin decided to listen in for more details.
Altaïr sat on a nearby bench, and listened to the two civilians.
- Civilian: I am sorry, Ahmad, they came without warning.
- Ahmad: My son?! They have my son?! What is to be done with him?!
- Civilian: We did everything we could.
- Ahmad: What is to be done with him?!
- Civilian: He's to be executed, today.
- Ahmad: No... I won't allow it.
- Civilian: But what can we do? Majd Addin will hear no appeals. He says there can be no barter with God's will.
- Ahmad: This is not God's will, but madness! I'll go to him myself! Where is he?!
- Civilian: He will attend the execution, perform it even. He enjoys the act. Truly evil man.
- Ahmad: We have no time to lose then, let's go.
Altaïr learned that Majd Addin was preparing for another execution soon.