Altaïr sat on a nearby bench and listened to the two men.
- Scholar 1: I wish to see him, to hear him speak.
- Scholar 2: It can be arranged, but we must be careful. There are still those who reject illumination. They would harm him.
- Scholar 1: Then they are ignorant and afraid.
- Scholar 2: You seem sincere, but how do I know I can trust you?
- Scholar 1: It hurts me to hear you even ask the question.
- Scholar 2: Very well. We gather each day at the Madrasah. He comes to speak, and then leads us into the city, that we might cleanse it.
- Scholar 1: Could I join you, then?
- Scholar 2: Understand, that it is a difficult path we walk. Our work demands sacrifice.
- Scholar 1: I understand.
- Scholar 2: Then come and meet with us. Let us see how strong you really are.
Altaïr learned that Jubair held daily meetings within the Madrasah.