Some of Garnier's guards have abandoned their posts. The archers patrolling the roof are at a disadvantage. A few seconds is all I need to clear a path.
Altaïr overheard a conversation between two Hospitaliers near the city gate, and decided to listen in for any valuable information.
Altaïr sat on a nearby bench and eavesdropped on a conversation between the two guards.
- Guard 1: You hear about Alan?
- Guard 2: The archer who guards the eastern wing?
- Guard 1: Poor bastard's brother caught an arrow in the throat. Doubt he'll last the night.
- Guard 2: How can he continue to work, knowing what's to come?
- Guard 1: He visits his brother often, so I cover for him when I can.
- Guard 2: You aren't there now.
- Guard 1: No. I've family business of my own to attend to.
- Guard 2: Then he'd best hope the doctor doesn't learn of his desertion.
- Guard 1: He won't, long as you stay silent.
- Guard 2: Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me.
Altaïr learned that some of the fortress' rooftop guards were absent from patrol duty.