Altaïr sat on a nearby bench, and listened in to the conversation between a civilian and Abu'l Nuqoud's guard.
- Guard: The last of it has been delivered.
- Civilian: Good. Make sure he also knows it wasn't easy arranging a shipment like this.
- Guard: It's only wine. Some can be fickle in their faith.
- Civilian: Your Holy Book says something on the subject I believe. "Leave them, that they may eat and enjoy themselves, and that hope may beguile them, for they will soon know. And never did we destroy a town that had a term made known."
- Guard: What's that supposed to mean?
- Civilian: Never mind it. Be about your business.
- Guard: As you wish.
Altaïr learned that the Merchant King was preparing for another feast, and received a large shipment of wine.