Donglu Yu is a concept artist working at Ubisoft Montreal, and is best known for her work on the Assassin's Creed series, among which are Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy, Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Her areas of specialty are concept art, illustration and visual development, all of which she has employed in creating artwork for the Assassin's Creed series.
Donglu was born in China and immigrated to Canada with her parents when she was twelve years old. While she was young, her parents began to send her to many art classes to study Chinese watercolor, calligraphy, oil painting, etc., of which these styles can be seen as a major influence in her artwork today.
Academically, she was enrolled in Illustration and Design for her college studies at Dawson College (2001–2004), where she was officially introduced to both 2D and 3D tools, an area in which she currently excels at. Following this, she decided to pursue further university studies in Film Animation at Concordia University (2003–2007).
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2010) - Eidos
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2010) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy (2010–2011) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed III - (2012) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - (2013) - Ubisoft
- Donglu has been widely recognized for her outstanding contribution to her field and has won awards from such publications as: Expose 7, Expose 8, Exotique 5, ImagineFX, 2D Artist Magazine, and Advanced Photoshop.
Assassin's Creed: BrotherhoodEdit
The following gallery contains Donglu Yu's concept development art for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin’s Creed: Project Legacy.
Assassin's Creed IIIEdit
The following gallery contains Donglu Yu's concept development art for Assassin's Creed III.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black FlagEdit
The following gallery contains Donglu Yu's concept development art for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
- Donglu Yu's professional profile at LinkedIn.
- Donglu Yu's profile at the CGISociety Website.
- Blog containing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood concept art.