Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A royal pardon caused commotion in Nassau, and Edward set out to find medicines for the town.
- Anne: Another?
- Edward: A rum flip this time.
- Anne: And where'd I find fresh eggs in this wretched town? There's little else but piss and insects.
- Edward: Aye. We're working on that.
- Rackham: Dear lady, what do they call you?
- Anne: Anne, when they're sober. A jilt when they're sauced. But never Lady.
- Rackham: Well, goodly Anne I- Ah!
- Vane: Bag of shite! Do you hear me? It's a bag of bloody shite! It's a ruse to keep us soft before they attack Nassau! You'll see. Mark me.
- Thatch: It's no ruse, Vane. I heard it straight from the mouth of a greasy Bermudan captain. There's a pardon on offer for any pirate that wants it.
- Hornigold: Ruse or not, I think it's plain the British may return to Nassau. With arms no doubt. We'll need a plan.
- Thatch: Walk with us, Kenway. There's trouble brewing...
- Hornigold: In the absence of any clear ideas, I say we lay low. No piracies and no violence. Do nothing to ruffle the King's feathers for now.
- Thatch: Preserving the king's plumage is no concern of mine, Ben.
- Hornigold: It will be when he sends his soldiers to scrub this island clean of our residue! Look around you, man. Is this cesspool worth dying for?
- Thatch: Aye! It's our republic! Our idea! A free land for free men, remember? So maybe it's filthy to look at. But ain't it still an idea worth fighting for?
- Hornigold: I can't be sure. For when I look on the fruits of our years of labor, all I see is sickness... Idleness.. Idiocy.
- Thatch: Not a sunbeam of difference between here and London then, eh?
- Edward: Thatch is right, man. Taking a wide view, we're not doing so bad out here. There's sun, rum, and leisure as far as the eye can see.
- Hornigold: Aye, Nassau may look fine from a distance, but at its core there's a disease I cannot stomach.
- Edward: Sickness can be cured, Ben. If only you have the right medicine.
- Hornigold: But a corpse cannot be reanimated!
- Thatch: I can't believe the shite I'm hearing drop from your lips! Why not take the pardon now and be done with it!
- Edward: Peace! Both of you. We can satisfy both aims if we work together. Find medicines to ease our burdens here, but in a way that don't attract the British.
- Thatch: I'd wager the nearest doctor is sitting pretty in Havana. Not a place I mean to go.
- Edward: The Spanish fleet that sunk two years back would have some medicine. All sealed up in glass vials.
- Thatch: You'd need a diving bell to reach those depths.
- Edward: Aye. And with some coin and a few supplies, a diving bell won't be hard to come by.
- Hornigold: This is a plan I can stand behind. Find medicines without stirring up trouble. Agreed, Thatch?
- Thatch: Agreed, aye. I'll meet you near the wrecks as soon as you're able, Kenway.
- Hornigold: Remember, Thatch! Keep your cannons corked!
- Thatch: Piss off, Ben!
Edward bought a diving bell and met up with Thatch.
- Edward: Devil in his hole, Thatch! This is a darling galley. Thirty-two guns, is it?
- Thatch: I lost count at forty.
- Edward: You've stepped up a rung. So... Any luck finding medicines here?
- Thatch: Nothing 'round this spot, sadly. But there's a few wrecks yonder that haven't been scoured by nothing but crabs and coral.
- Edward: I'll have a look.
- Stede: Edward? Edward, is that you? My goodness, the West Indies is a compact place!
- Edward: 'Allo, Bonnet. A surprise seeing you out here.
- Stede: I met Mister Thatch a month or so ago and he offered to take me under his yardarms, so to speak. Says I must wash the hayseed from my hair before I'm a true pirate.
- Edward: Well, good luck to you then. Worse men have become better under Blackbeard's watch.
Edward used his diving bell and collected a crate of medicine from the bottom of the ocean.
- Thatch: Ahoy! Any luck?
- Edward: I found one crate hidden beneath a school of sharks. Sadly, the elixir inside is... quite spoilt.
- Thatch: Plague and perish! Will we steal medicines now?
- Edward: Remember the pardon, Thatch. We're to be subtle.
- Thatch: Says Hornigold! A pirate now too proud to call himself one!
- Edward: Ah, he prefers caution to cannons.
- Thatch: Caution's nothing without charisma! For if a man plays the fool, then it's only fools he'll persuade. But appear to be the devil, and all men will submit.
- Edward: And would you be the devil?
- Thatch: For an audience, aye. It's all a big show. Give your quarry something to fear, some hellish thing from a fever'd dream, and men will drop to their knees pleading for their Lord before aught else!
- Stede: Oh God...
- Edward: Looks fine.
- Thatch: 'Course it does. If you can find a quiet way to acquire medicines, tell me soon. Otherwise, I'll handle it meself.
Edward dove for medicines, but found nothing useful.