- Ezio: Rodrigo Borgia is dead.
- Machiavelli: And Cesare?
- Ezio: Poisoned, but alive.
- Machiavelli: We must not allow him to assemble his remaining supporters. The coming weeks are critical.
- Ezio: With your aid I will hunt him down.
- Bartolomeo: My men will patrol the city, but we might need an army.
- Ezio: We have one.
- Cesare: You must find them.
- Guard Captain: They are everywhere and nowhere at once.
- Cesare: I do not care how you do it.
- Guard Captain: We cannot on our own, Signore (Sir). You must help us.
- Cesare: I am ill, you idioti (idiots). Micheletto will soon be here with my armies and then you will see how quickly the Assassini (Assassins) fall.
- Ezio: You delude yourself, Cesare.
- Cesare: Guards!
Cesare left his guards behind to fight Ezio, while he escaped. Ezio used the Apple to dispatch the guards. The civilians were scared, seeing the capabilities of the artifact.
- Bystanders: What sorcery is this?
He has God on his side!
Please Lord, do not smite me!
How is this possible?
Il Diavolo (The Devil)!
Cesare's military power within Rome was reduced, giving the Assassins a chance to strike at Cesare.
- While using the Apple, no weapon or tool can be used.