Nikolai Orelov decided to undertake one last mission before setting out to safety with his family.
- Assassin: Nikolaï? How long has it been?
- Orelov: You have work for me?
- Assassin: Always the charmer... But I'm glad it is you they sent. I have a dangerous assignment. Our informants reported that the Imperial family might have in their possession an old and very special box. It may be a Piece of Eden.
- Orelov: The Tsar's family is in Ekaterinburg. Under guard.
- Assassin: Just the local militia, townsfolk under the command of a commissar. Still, keep your senses sharp, Nikolaï. If this box is what we think it is, the Templars are undoubtedly looking for it, too.
- Orelov: I've beaten them before.
Orelov set out towards the Ipatiev house.
- Orelov: This will be my last mission. I have to think of Anna and Nadya... One last time, one last mission...
- Guard 1: There's no escape! We will find you! He's here!
Orelov made his way through the city.
- Guard 2: Do you know what's happening at the Ipatiev House? I've seen more guards than normal being sent there.
- Guard 3: I was there this morning, it doesn't look good for the family. More fences have been put up and they are no longer allowed in the gardens.
- Guard 4: I spoke to Dmitry earlier. He's not holding up well... We need to keep an eye on him.
- Guard 5: True. We don't need a loose cannon with tensions running this high.
- Orelov: I could catch a ride on the roof of that tram.
Orelov rode the tram for a while, before being stopped.
- Guard 6: Stop the tram. No more this way tonight. Everybody off.
- Orelov: Damn! A Militia checkpoint. I must be cautious.
Orelov maneuvered around the checkpoint.
- Orelov: I need to get across that bridge.
Orelov approached the bridge, which was being patrolled.
- Guard 7: Any sign of trouble?
- Guard 8: No. Well...none that concerns us anyway.
- Guard 7: Good. Let's hope it stays that way.
Eventually, Orelov reached a sniper point.
- Orelov: I need to take out those guards. They will shoot me on sight.
After eliminating the sentry guards, reinforcements arrived.
- Guard 9: Assassin!
Orelov dispatched the reinforcements.
- Guard 10: Have you seen the crowds are gathering outside the house?
- Guard 11: Yes. They won't get in, but it wouldn't matter if they did. The guards inside look more like an execution squad than for their protection.
- Orelov: I need to get into the house without raising the alarm. Reinforcements will make this impossible.
Despite the enemy forces, Orelov reached his destination, finding a mob outside the Ipatiev house.
- Orelov: Fools! I can't stop them all, but I won't let them interfere with my mission.
- Officer: Hold the crowd back! I don't want the house ransacked before we find the box!
- Orelov: Templars!?
Nikolai Orelov reached the Ipatiev house, where the Templars were already searching for the box.
Assassin's Creed Chronicles memories