|Dawn of the Tsars|
Orelov is tasked to infiltrate the Ipatiev house, where the Imperial family is held prisoner.
17 July 1918
Nikolai Orelov decided to undertake one last mission before setting out to safety with his family.
- Assassin: Nikolaï? How long has it been?
- Orelov: You have work for me?
- Assassin: Always the charmer... But I'm glad it is you they sent. I have a dangerous assignment. Our informants reported that the Imperial family might have in their possession an old and very special box. It may be a Piece of Eden.
- Orelov: The Tsar's family is in Ekaterinburg. Under guard.
- Assassin: Just the local militia, townsfolk under the command of a commissar. Still, keep your senses sharp, Nikolaï. If this box is what we think it is, the Templars are undoubtedly looking for it, too.
- Orelov: I've beaten them before.
Orelov set out towards the Ipatiev house.
- Orelov: This will be my last mission. I have to think of Anna and Nadya... One last time, one last mission...
- Guard 1: There's no escape! We will find you! He's here!
Orelov made his way through the city.
- Guard 2: Do you know what's happening at the Ipatiev House? I've seen more guards than normal being sent there.
- Guard 3: I was there this morning, it doesn't look good for the family. More fences have been put up and they are no longer allowed in the gardens.
- Guard 4: I spoke to Dmitry earlier. He's not holding up well... We need to keep an eye on him.
- Guard 5: True. We don't need a loose cannon with tensions running this high.
- Orelov: I could catch a ride on the roof of that tram.
Orelov rode the tram for a while, before being stopped.
- Guard 6: Stop the tram. No more this way tonight. Everybody off.
- Orelov: Damn! A Militia checkpoint. I must be cautious.
Orelov maneuvered around the checkpoint.
- Orelov: I need to get across that bridge.
Orelov approached the bridge, which was being patrolled.
- Guard 7: Any sign of trouble?
- Guard 8: No. Well...none that concerns us anyway.
- Guard 7: Good. Let's hope it stays that way.
Eventually, Orelov reached a sniper point.
- Orelov: I need to take out those guards. They will shoot me on sight.
After eliminating the sentry guards, reinforcements arrived.
- Guard 9: Assassin!
Orelov dispatched the reinforcements.
- Guard 10: Have you seen the crowds are gathering outside the house?
- Guard 11: Yes. They won't get in, but it wouldn't matter if they did. The guards inside look more like an execution squad than for their protection.
- Orelov: I need to get into the house without raising the alarm. Reinforcements will make this impossible.
Despite the enemy forces, Orelov reached his destination, finding a mob outside the Ipatiev house.
- Orelov: Fools! I can't stop them all, but I won't let them interfere with my mission.
- Officer: Hold the crowd back! I don't want the house ransacked before we find the box!
- Orelov: Templars!?
Nikolai Orelov reached the Ipatiev house, where the Templars were already searching for the box.
Assassin's Creed Chronicles memories