Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the Assassin. You may be looking for the Persian king.
During the 5th century BCE, the Templars supported the reign and conquests of the Achaemenid kings Darius I and his son Xerxes I. Darius personally assassinated King Xerxes I with the Hidden Blade, in what would become the first recorded use of the Assassins' iconic weapon.
By the Renaissance, Darius' remains had been transferred to Basilica di Santa Maria Novella in Florence, where his body lay with an Assassin Seal that provided access to the hidden armor of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad. In 1478, his sarcophagus was opened by Ezio Auditore da Firenze, who took the Seal and later obtained the armor.
- Darius was the first known user of the Hidden Blade.
- Darius was depicted with all ten fingers. Whether this is artistic license or an oversight is unknown.
- Unlike most other Assassins, Darius wore his Hidden Blade on the right arm.
- Historically, Xerxes was assassinated by Artabanus.