Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Napoleon's fiancée, Désirée Clary, is visiting relatives in the Louvre District. Because of her wealth, the sans culottes plan to abduct her. Go with Napoleon's fellow-officer, Jean Bernadotte, to help Désirée escape her house unharmed.
Arno met with Napoleon at the latter's residence.
- Napoleon: Ah! Arno! Could you help me in a personal matter?
It concerns my fiancée, Désirée Clary. Some sans-culottes plan to abduct her for a ransom. Captain Bernadotte knows the particulars. Join him in front of the post office and ensure that Désirée escapes her house unharmed.
Arno made his way to Bernadotte.
- Bernadotte: Ah! Bonaparte sent you. We are to rescue his fiancée. Let us make haste!
Arno and Bernadotte made their way to Désirée's house.
- Bernadotte: Again I find myself running errands for Bonaparte. And yet he and I are of equal rank! How does he do it?
A group of sans-culottes attacked them.
- Bernadotte: Gads! I've got a beautiful sword! Crafted in Spain! But a man can't marry his sword, you know. I need a woman to sooth my brow! And here Bonaparte has already found a fiancée! Damn, he's a lucky dog. I wonder if he'll amount to anything?
Ah! The fighting life. I love it so.
Sans-culottes? Get yourselves a culotte, then! Good god.
You there! You cannot stop us! We're here to rescue someone!
Come on. Don't laze about. We need a challenge!
I am here on a mission of gallantry!
These dogs are no challenge for me.
You will not sully Mademoiselle Clary!
The two fought through Désirée's house.
- Sans-culottes 1: We got her trapped on the top floor!
- Sans-culottes 2: Stay back! They're covering the stairs!
They then reached Désirée and her bodyguards.
- Bernadotte: Mademoiselle! We're sorry to disturb you, but your fiancé sent us to ensure your well-being!
- Désirée: I can take care of my own well-being, thank you.
- Bernadotte: I see that, in you, Captain Bonaparte has secured a precious victory. Gad! Your ankle is exceptionally well-turned!
- Désirée: You are impertinent, sir! ... I like that. I like that very much.
- Bernadotte: And those flashing eyes! We must go, before I say something I regret! Or I sustain a mortal injury!
Arno, Bernadotte and Désirée fought through the remaining sans-culottes.
- Désirée: You fight with great panache, captain!
- Bernadotte: And you with an alluring fire!
May I compliment you, Mademoiselle, on your bold thrusts!
- Désirée: Sir! That is hardly appropriate, I am engaged!
They killed the last of the sans-culottes.
- Bernadotte: Fighting with you has made me quite giddy with delight.
- Désirée: Ah! (Dear) Bernadotte! If this had been another time, another place...
- Bernadotte: Say not another word! I dare not even dream.
- Désirée: You are right. There can be no dreams for us. Goodbye, dear sir, goodbye!
Arno and Bernadotte rescued Désirée, and the latter two became smitten with one another.