|Curse Of The Romani|
A group of Byzantine Templars have stolen a chest of Romani gold. Poison all those who dare touch the chest, to create the illusion that it is cursed.
Ezio Auditore arrived at the Romani hideout and met up with the main leader of the Romani, and they discussed a chest of gold that the Templars had stolen. She requested that Ezio played to the rumors of the Romani, in order to make them infamous amongst the people. Using the premise of a pagan curse, Ezio decided to help the Romani by poisoning the multiple Templars that were the last to touch the chest.
Ezio met the leader of the Romani.
- Ezio: I have seen happier men at the gallows.
- Romani: Crack wise elsewhere, efendim (sir). Today the Byzantines stole half a year's worth of coin from us.
- Ezio: Mi dispiace (I am sorry). Can I help?
- Romani: Perhaps. For centuries my people have been slandered and insulted, labeled witches and warlocks. Well, so be it. We will not run from these lies any more, but embrace them. Encourage these rumors, for it is better to be infamous than ignored.
- Ezio: I like the sound of that.
- Romani: Here is my plan. Every man who touched that chest of coins must die, but discreetly... as if cursed by a pagan hex. The Romani curse becomes our blessing. Perhaps then people will leave us be.
Ezio poisoned each of the chest-carriers one by one while blended within a group of Romanies, eventually recovering the chest.
- Romani: Ah, the old tricks are always the best. Do be careful, Ezio. I hear that chest is cursed.
- Ezio: Where to, bella donna (lovely lady)?
- Romani: This way. And stay alert.
Grabbing the chest, Ezio and the Romani started making their way back to the Romani camp. Guards who saw the pair fled at the sight of the Romani.
- Romani: Have you heard the term "gypsy"?
- Ezio: Quite often, sì (yes).
- Romani: Did you know that this word was born fro the misapprehension that my people are from Egypt?
- Ezio: You find it offensive?
- Romani: I find it funny. My people are from eastern Persia and beyond. Yet, somehow we have become citizens of a land we have never seen.
- Ezio: People are quick to judge and slow to correct themselves.
- Romani: Psh... People are stupid.
- Ezio: Sometimes.
- Romani: Ezio, the simplest answer is always the best.
Ezio and the Romani arrived at the camp.
- Ezio: You should count it. Make sure everything is there.
- Romani: You have our thanks, Ezio. And you can count on us from here on out. For anything, at any time.
- Ezio: Good to know. If I need, say... to borrow some money, I will ask you.
Ezio befriended the Romani by recovering their stolen money.
- To achieve full synchronization, Ezio must use poison while blending with the Romani.
- This was the first time Ezio turned down an obvious come on.