- This article is about the Animi Avatar. You may be looking for Crusaders.
- "A powerful foe with arms like tree trunks and a sword the size of a mountain, the Crusader has come to convert by any means necessary. Adorned in plate-mail armor as impregnable as his convictions, he walks with utter pride and courage wherever he goes, secure in the belief that so long as he lives, others must die."
- ―Ubisoft description.
The Crusader (real name: Haras) was an Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries to train the recruits in the second stage of their Animi Training Program. He wielded a claymore as his specialty weapon.
The Crusader had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
The Crusader casually walks up to his target and unsheathes his claymore. Before they can defend themself, he smacks the sword's hilt into their face, knocking them off balance. From there, he uses this to his advantage, by impaling his victim's stomach with his sword, killing them.
(Low Profile, Back)
The Crusader quickly walks behind his target and draws his sword, before slashing his weapon across their spine, forcing them to their knees. He then follows through with his attack by wedging his claymore into the right of their abdomen, and freeing his blade by forcing his victim forwards with his foot.
(High Profile, Front)
The Crusader runs up to his target quickly and backhands them with his mailed arm, spinning them around. With their back facing him, the Crusader draws his sword and chops it down into their shoulder, before he pulls up on his claymore to free it, sheathing his weapon as his victim crumples to the floor.
(High Profile, Back)
The Crusader runs up behind his target and draws his longsword, before he proceeds to trip them up with the flat of his blade, forcing them onto their back. He then slashes down roughly into his victim's stomach with his claymore, and then leaves them to die of blood loss.
The Crusader grabs his seated target's foot and drags them off the bench, until their head rests against it. Before they can do anything to defend themselves, the Crusader forcefully kicks them in the face, violently sending their head backwards and breaking his victim's neck on the bench behind them.
The Crusader leaps from above a rooftop and draws his sword in mid-air. Once he slams into his target, his armor's weight aids him as he plunges his sword into his victim's heart, killing them instantaneously.
- "Ha! Where did you learn to fight?"
- "Insolent beast!"
- "For the Cross!"
The Crusader could be customized in several ways:
- Color 1: White.
- Color 2: Red.
- Color 3: Black.
- Chest 1: A black cloth shirt with four small crosses weaved onto it, covering a chain-mail top.
- Chest 2: A multi-colored vest, with a cross displayed in a section on the top-left of the chest.
- Chest 3: A suit of reinforced armor with a fringed collar.
- Arms 1: Chain-mail arms and gloves, with a silver knuckle guard, cloth wrapped forearms that bore a metal plate with a cross, and feathered accessories.
- Arms 2: Plated gauntlets and cloth sleeves, with fringed shoulder guards and leather gloves.
- Arms 3: Leather upper armor and chain-mail sleeves, with black greaves and flattened shoulder guards, along with two black couters.
- Legs 1: Dark brown boots, with cloth leggings and dull metal shin guards.
- Legs 2: Steel toed chain-mail boots, with engraved greaves and cloth leggings.
- Legs 3: Light brown boots with loose chain-mail wraps.
- Belt 1: A frilled white belt with two white scabbard straps, a thin brown band with buckle, and an asymmetrical drape.
- Belt 2: A light grey band with a red leather belt, held together by a thick, silver ring.
- Belt 3: A dark brown band and buckle, with a large, green leather belt with small golden decorations.
- Accessory 1: A simple curved shield on the left shoulder, to hold up the cape.
- Accessory 2: A darker shield with the Templar cross on it, riveted for increased durability.
- Accessory 3: An old, battered black and white shield, with bronzed lining.
- The Crusader could only be unlocked through pre-ordering certain editions of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, or by purchasing The Lost Archive.
- The Crusader was the only known Animi Avatar to originate from the 12th century.
- The Crusader was also the only pre-order character to have customization.
- All items available for customizing the Crusader were included with him when unlocked, and as such, they did not need to be gained via progression in the Animi Training Program.
- The crest on his standard armor was the Jerusalem cross.