Cruel Caricature was a virtual representation of one of Jacob Frye and Evie Frye's genetic memories, relived by a Helix initiate through the Helix Navigator.
Jacob or Evie met with the biologist Charles Darwin to discuss the slander he and his work had been subjected to.
One of the Frye twins found Charles Darwin standing next to a poster featuring a caricaturized depiction of himself.
- Darwin: "We are not apes"... If the circumstances were not so grave, I'd compliment the artist on the wonderful caricature. They are fools if they believe they can stop progress by printing leaflets and killing newsboys! We must find out who is behind this propaganda before more innocents are harmed. I should very much like it if you could find and remove these awful things. Perhaps you can catch one of the billposters red-handed?
Jacob or Evie tore off the poster and then set out to take down several more. They found the next one being fervently discussed by a group of onlookers.
- Civilians: This a waste of paper, if you ask me!
Not apes? Of course we're not apes! Look at us!
Of course we are not apes! I don't need anyone to tell me that!
God created us in his image! And he does not look like a monkey!
Apes!? This is outrageous, I tell you! Outrageous!
Jacob or Evie took down the poster.
- Civilian: This is vandalism! Someone should inform the police!
The Assassin then moved on, tearing down a poster guarded by a group of Blighters, and another that had been put on the side of a carriage. Following this, Jacob or Evie spotted a billposter in the progress of putting up more propaganda and called out to him.
- Jacob: Oi! What are you doing over there?
- Evie: You! What do you think you're doing?
At this, the culprit ran off, with the Assassin quickly giving chase. Eventually, they were led to an underground print shop in the sewers. Using nearby explosives, Jacob or Evie destroyed the printers, following which they made their escape.
Jacob or Evie destroyed the printing shop behind the propaganda campaign against Darwin.
- While the billposter cannot be caught on foot, it is possible to take him out using a carriage. If so, Jacob or Evie will find a map on his body leading to the print shop in the sewers.