|Close the Book|
Kill the Master of the Sacred Palace.
Kill the Master with the hidden blade.
- Ezio: You were right. The Master intends to kill you.
- Copernico: I will not let his bullying stop my research. Tonight there is an eclipse. I intend to chronicle it.
- Ezio: But the Master hunts for you.
- Copernico: Better to die enlightened, than to live in ignorance.
- Ezio: His end will come much sooner than yours.
Ezio searched for the Master within the city and assassinated him.
- Ezio: Silencing the truth will not stop its spread.
- Master: People are lazy, they will believe what we tell them to believe. I have sent my best man to find Copernico. You are already too late.
- Ezio: Requiescat in pace.
Ezio reached Copernico in time, and killed the assassin. The two stood to observe the eclipse.
- Copernico: Is the world not marvelous?
- Ezio: Some of it.
- Copernico: You should not be so emotional. You will find it all makes more sense that way.
- Ezio: Perhaps.
- Copernico: Cesare thinks himself the center of it all, but he circles the periphery with the rest of us.
Did you know that the sun is most likely the midpoint of the universe, not the Earth?
I see the movements of the moon and stars, and yet I can only observe. So much is unknown to me. This age of reason is but the beginning of an end I will never see.
Someday we will be able to influence this world, to exploit the power of the human will to harness light and perhaps even travel into the heavens.
But I am getting ahead of myself, first we must see the sun spinning at the center.
- Ezio: I believe what you say is possible.
- Copernico: You should not accept my word. Not until I have proof. Soon. Buona notte (Good night), Ezio, and thank you.
Ezio succeeded in assassinating the Master and the men who tried to kill Copernico.