Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Climbing the Ranks|
Assassinate the captain of the guard.
Ezio entered the courtyard of the Basilica of San Lorenzo.
- Ezio: Something's wrong here. Where is everyone...?
The Guard Captain appeared on top of some scaffolding.
- Guard Captain: Ah! Another challenger! Excellent! Savonarola warned me that some would oppose our rule, and so I devised this little trap – to ferret out those foolish enough to play at hero. It's proven to be both entertaining and effective. Incominciamo! (Let us begin!)
Agile guards descended from the rooftops and attacked Ezio.
- Guard Captain: What a spectacle! I wonder how long you'll survive. Another – a few days back – he made it through over three dozen of my men – before he was finally put down. It's interesting. Every day, without fail, another of you approaches. Nonconformists. Malcontents. Revolutionaries. Ribelli. (Rebels.) I've seen – and heard – it all. Just excuses. Am I to believe you're a champion of the downtrodden, then? A hero come to free the city? A rebel leader intent on ushering in a new age? One who fights for justice? Liberty? Hmmmm? Which lie do you tell yourself!? And do not be mistaken. These are lies. No matter what any of you say – you're all here for the same reason. The same selfish reason: You seek something. Glory. Distinction. Fame. Rewards either physical, spiritual – or both! So which are you? Is it validation you desire? Or perhaps penance for some old ill? Did your father abuse you? Did other children tease you? Did a lover spurn you? If I had to guess, I would suspect a form of insecurity. Why else do you wear the hood? Why do you hide your face from the world? From yourself? I see these words are wasted, serving only to send you further into frenzy. As you wish. Fight on. You can't hold out forever...
Ezio killed all of the guards that were sent at him. He then proceeded to climb the scaffolding.
- Guard Captain: You're making a very big mistake. You seek to challenge me? You've just signed your death warrant, boy! Approach at your peril, Assassino! I was born for battle boy. Come on then! Let's see what you're made of!
Ezio assassinated the Guard Captain.
- Guard Captain: Is this truly who I was? So proud and cruel...
- Ezio: No. Savonarola bewitched you.
- Guard Captain: Did he? Or was it that I tasted power and found myself intoxicated? I wish I had been stronger.
- Ezio: As do I. Mi rincresce, ma non c'è altro modo (I am truly sorry, but there is no other way). Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace).
Ezio assassinated the Guard Captain, and the Medici guards assumed control of the area.