Parson is a graduate of the USC School of Cinema Television (now USC School of Cinematic Arts) in 2001. After graduating he began his career working primarily as an assistant in talent management, and worked briefly in digital artist management for Sony Pictures Imageworks.
It was after being laid-off from Sony that Parson decided to pursue a career in voiceover, one he entered after responding to a classified ad on the popular website craigslist.org.
He subsequently appeared as the narrator in several documentaries, appearing on The Fifth Element special edition DVD and The Pursuit of Happiness DVD, as well as VH1's mini-series Fabulous Life: Really Rich Real Estate. Parson also served as the narrator for the now-cancelled Fox series Nashville.
Parson had voiced the title role (as well as many others) on Comedy Central's animated series Lil' Bush, and has lent his voice to episodes of Fox's popular show Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, and Disney's Handy Manny.
Currently, he is the on-air promotions voice for the popular cable network, Syfy. He became the voice of Syfy after its rebranding in July, 2009.
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (2011) - Yusuf Tazim
- Prototype 2 (2012), various voices
- Infamous 2 (2010 - 2011), various voices
- Red Faction Guerrilla (2009), various voices
- Watchmen: The End Is Nigh (2009), Ratso/Southern Prisoner
- Legendary (2009), additional voices
- Quantum of Solace (2008), Rivera /additional voices
- Jumper (2008). Italian policeman
- The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008), Goblin
- Parson's voice is also featured in Gore Verbinski's animated feature, Rango, starring Johnny Depp.