- Cassini: This is most bothersome. Most botherome, indeed. I simply cannot leave without them!
I am the Comte de Cassini. Until some months ago, the director of the Paris Observatory.
- Claude-Marie-Louise: The National Assembly meddles in everything!
- Cassini: We must flee to the countryside. But I have foolishly left several celestial observations in the Observatory itself.
- Claude-Marie-Louise: It would be ever so delightful if you could recover those.
Arno infiltrated the Observatory and recovered Cassini's papers. He then returned to Cassini and his wife.
- Cassini: Ah, yes! These observations confirm several of my ideas.
- Claude-Marie-Louise: My husband means to say, "Thank you for your much-needed help".
- Cassini: Let's quit this city, my love, while we're able.
Arno recovered Cassini's papers, allowing him to retire to the countryside.