- "Trained in battle and raised in a world of war and violence, the Captain remains a distinguished and refined character, respecting the codes of honor. Unfortunately, those he challenges to a duel by Sword never get the chance to count to three."
- ―Ubisoft description.
The Captain (real name: Donato Mancini) was an Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries to train the recruits in the first stage of their Animi Training Program. His weapons consisted of a rapier and a parrying dagger.
The Captain had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
The Captain approaches his target and unsheathes his rapier, before using his sword to slice their legs and then slashing them towards the cheek. To finish off his victim, he takes a step backwards and crouches slightly in a fencing stance, before stabbing his rapier all the way through their heart, piercing it in the process. While the Captain removes his rapier and spins it around to remove the blood, his target's body collapses backwards as he sheathes his sword.
(Low Profile, Back)
The Captain stalks up to his target from behind, before placing his left hand on their shoulder and pulling out his sword with his fencing hand. From there, he uses his rapier to impale his victim, piercing through where their heart would be, and to make sure that they are fully dead, he twists the blade, making them twitch. Afterwards, the Captain pulls out his sword and lets his target's dead body fall to the floor.
(High Profile, Front)
The Captain runs up to his target and pulls out his rapier, just as he elbows them in the face. He then delivers a forceful slash across their neck, before replacing his sword back into its sheath quickly, just in time to see his victim's dead body spin to the floor.
(High Profile, Back)
The Captain rushes up to his target from behind and pushes them onto their knees, before holding them down and removing his rapier from its scabbard. Using his blade, he shoves his sword down into the crevice of his victim's neck, with the sword piercing internal organs along the way. Now sure of their death, the Captain pulls out his rapier and sheathes it, letting his target's dead body fall forward to the ground.
The Captain walks up to his seated target and draws his rapier from his sheath, before knocking their head back with the hilt as he slashes them across the torso. While they are slightly dazed, the Captain takes a hold of their shoulder and forcefully stabs his sword upwards through his victim's chest, impaling them halfway to the blade's hilt. Afterwards, he violently withdraws his sword from their body and stores it back into its scabbard, while his target's head slumps forward and their dead body falls from the bench.
The Captain leaps from above a rooftop and lands on his target, forcing them to the ground. He then removes his rapier from its scabbard and plunges it into his victim's neck, killing them instantly, before removing his blade and storing it away as he stands up.
The Captain could be customized in several ways:
- Basic: Red and white trousers.
- Extra 1: Faded black and white trousers.
- Extra 2: Lilac and white trousers.
- Extra 3: Turquoise and white trousers.
- Advanced: Polished armor, with a small black and silver Templar cross insignia in the center of his chest guard, and an added golden color on the tip of his greaves, near to his knees.
- Superior: Modified right spaulder, and an added golden color on the tip of his vambraces, near his elbows.
- Elite: Modified left spaulder, and his metal cestus changes to gold.
- The Captain shares his Bench Kill and Aerial Kill with the Marquis, as both of them use fencing swords as weapons.
- The Captain was previously known as the Soldier.
- Despite having both a rapier and a parrying dagger, the Captain only uses his rapier as his weapon in the Animi Training Program.
- Ezio Auditore has two kill animations which were similar in appearance to the Captain's.