- "Trained in battle and raised in a world of war and violence, the Captain remains a distinguished and refined character, respecting the codes of honor. Unfortunately, those he challenges to a duel by Sword never get the chance to count to three."
- ―Description of the Captain.
The Captain (harvested from: Donato Mancini) was an Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries to train the recruits in the first stage of their Animi Training Program. His weapons consisted of a rapier and a parrying dagger.
The Captain had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
Approaching his target, the Captain unsheathes his rapier, before using his sword to slice their legs and then slash them towards the cheek. To finish off his victim, he takes a step backwards and crouches slightly in a fencing stance, before stabbing his rapier through their heart, piercing it to the hilt. While the Captain removes his sword and spins it around to remove the blood, his target's body collapses backwards as he stores away his sword.
(Low Profile, Back)
Stalking up to his target from behind, the Captain places his left hand on their shoulder, before pulling out his sword with his fencing hand. From there, he uses his rapier to impale his victim, piercing his weapon fully through their heart and verifies their death by twisting the blade, making them twitch a final time. Afterward, the Captain pulls out his sword and lets his target's dead body slump forward to the floor.
(High Profile, Front)
Running over to his target, the Captain pulls out his rapier, just as he elbows them in the face. He then delivers a forceful slash across his victim's neck, before replacing his sword back into its sheath quickly, just in time to see their body spin to the floor.
(High Profile, Back)
Rushing up to his target from behind, the Captain pushes them onto their knees, before holding them down and removing his rapier from its scabbard. Using his blade, he shoves his sword down into the crevice of his victim's neck, with the sword piercing internal organs along the way. Now sure of their death, the Captain pulls out his rapier and sheathes it, letting his target's dead body fall forward to the ground.
Walking up to his seated target, the Captain draws his rapier from his sheath, before knocking their head back with the hilt as he slashes them across the torso. While they are slightly dazed, the Captain takes a hold of their shoulder and forcefully stabs his sword upwards through his victim's chest, impaling them halfway to the blade's hilt. Afterwards, he violently withdraws his sword from their body and stores it back into its scabbard, while his target's head slumps forward and their dead body falls from the bench.
Leaping from above, the Captain lands on his target, forcing them to the ground. He then removes his rapier from its scabbard and plunges it into his victim's neck, killing them instantly, before removing his blade and storing it away as he stands up.
The Captain could be customized in several ways:
- Basic: Red and white trousers.
- Extra 1: Faded black and white trousers.
- Extra 2: Lilac and white trousers.
- Extra 3: Turquoise and white trousers.
- Advanced: Polished armor, with a small black and silver Templar cross insignia in the center of his chest guard, and an added golden color on the tip of his greaves, near to his knees.
- Superior: Modified right spaulder, and an added golden color on the tip of his vambraces, near his elbows.
- Elite: Modified left spaulder, and his metal cestus changes to gold.
- In early development, the Captain was referred to as the Soldier.
- Despite having both a rapier and a parrying dagger, the Captain only uses his rapier as his weapon in the Animi Training Program.
- The Captain shares his Bench Kill and Aerial Kill with the Marquis, as both of them use fencing swords.
- Ezio Auditore da Firenze had two kill animations which were similar in appearance to the Captain's.