Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Shay: Master Kenway seems determined to destroy Adéwalé.
- Gist: Aren't you? He's a powerful man in his own right, and a symbol of hope for the Assassins. Eliminating him would shake them to their core.
- Shay: It would, I know. But it seems a shame. He's a good man, Gist.
- Gist: So was the elder Washington. And Smith, I rather enjoyed drinking with him. Wardrop too, though the man could not hold his liquor. He and Weeks never got along, you know.
- Shay: If you're trying to test my conscience, Gist, you've succeeded.
- Gist: We live in a time of war, Shay, but it's always wartime for us. I sound like my Uncle Jedidiah, he was an old sourpuss! Let me tell you-
- Shay: Another time, Gist.
- Gist: Aye, sir.
- Gist: Look what the wind just blew in!
- Cook: Hail and good morrow, gentlemen!
- Haytham: Once again, Captain Cook's resourcefulness has served us well.
- Cook: I have located the man you are seeking.
- Shay: Adéwalé?
- Cook: Exactly. He was last seen in the French fort not two leagues from here, along the river.
- Gist: What would that scallywag be doing in a French fort?
- Cook: Refitting his vessel I suppose. After Louisbourg...
- Haytham: Thank you, Master Cook. We'll take it from here.
- Cook: Farewell and Godspeed, gentlemen.
- Gist: The fort's just up ahead.
- Shay: Good, then let us continue onward.
The trio set out to locate Adéwalé, but found themselves deterred by a Man O' War sailing along the river.
- Gist: Saints preserve us! What is that doing here?
- Shay: That makes no sense. Those rivers barely have enough draft for an oceangoing vessel. She'll be nearly impossible to maneuver.
- Haytham: Maneuverability is hardly the point.
- Shay: Well I don't intend to find out the point. Let's stay out of her way.
- Gist: We can find our way around her. Just keep to the smaller rivers where she can't follow.
- Haytham: And do try to remain unseen. We don't want to attract any unwanted attention.
- Shay: Why would the French bring such a ship inland?
- Haytham: As the war is drawing to its close, they are becoming desperate. They'll expend any efforts to gain firepower.
- Gist: No offense to Captain Cook, but that lady has more firepower than any I've had the pleasure of meeting.
- Shay: It's not really my type.
- Gist: Ah, but the French ones can have a certain charm. Did I ever tell you the story of Madame Reinette? That wasn't her REAL name, but- right, not the time. Point is, I think I know a safe place where you can debark. Sail on!
So what's the plan? We bombard the fort?
- Haytham: It would be foolhardy to simply storm that fort.
- Shay: Aye, we need to know what we're up against. I could take care of that.
- Haytham: Indeed...
- Shay: Let's find a safe place to dock.
- Shay: I'll go to the fort. Find out what Adéwalé is doing there. Keep the Morrigan close, Gist.
- Gist: Aye, sir. I'll keep her close, and I'll keep her safe.
- Haytham: Good luck, Shay.
- Shay: I make my own luck, Master Kenway.
Shay went ashore and eventually reached the island's settlement. There, he located Adéwalé.
- Adéwalé: So, the Templars sent their dog after me. Time to test your mettle, Shay.
Adéwalé fled aboard his ship, the Experto Crede, though Gist quickly appeared with the Morrigan, allowing Shay to continue his pursuit.
- Shay: He's getting away. If only he'd stand still and fight me!
- Haytham: Adéwalé is facing you on his own terms, picking the battlefield. And on his own ship, he is most at ease.
- Shay: Mind those mortars! Else we'll be swimming home tonight!
- Haytham: This river is getting uncomfortably narrow.
- Gist: Don't you worry, sir! Shay has gotten us out of tighter scrapes before! And the lake ahead is a dead end. Adéwalé won't be able to get out.
The Morrigan engaged the Experto Crede in battle.
- Shay: It's fortune, it is! The man-o-war can't follow us anymore.
After being dealt a significant amount of damage, the Experto Crede ran aground.
- Gist: Adéwalé's beached his ship!
- Haytham: A novel tactic.
- Shay: He's saving his crew.
- Haytham: No, he's making a last stand. Let's not disappoint him.
I will take the high ground and provide a distraction. Find another way.
Go after him, Shay. I will circle around.
Follow him, Shay. I will try to corner him.
With this plan in mind, both men went ashore; Shay soon located Adéwalé, who was being engaged by Haytham.
- Adéwalé: Haytham Kenway.
- Haytham: Adéwalé.
- Adéwalé: Where is your hunting dog, Grand Master Templar? I must have caused quite a ruckus for both of you to be chasing me.
- Haytham: Indeed, you have been a thorn in our side for far too long!
- Adéwalé: I served with your father, Haytham. He would be ashamed to see what you have become.
- Haytham: Really? I wasn't aware my father had a sense of shame.
- Adéwalé: Do not speak ill of your father, boy! If you become half the man he was, it will be a blessing.
- Haytham: Blessing or curse, I am my own man.
Have you had enough, old man?
- Adéwalé: This old man will put you in an early grave, Haytham!
- Haytham: Younger men have tried and failed.
Adéwalé spotted Shay, and the two fought.
- Adéwalé: You are quick, boy! But not very clever!
You will die as a traitor!
Shay assassinated Adéwalé.
- Shay: Forgive me, Adéwalé.
- Adéwalé: You dare beg forgiveness, child? Hell welcomes traitors like you.
- Shay: Then I go there proudly, knowing I have done right.
- Adéwalé: It does not matter... Achilles already has what he needs.
- Shay: I will kill every last man who defends him, if I must. I cannot let him succeed.
Adéwalé grabbed Shay's arm.
- Adéwalé: You... have become... a monster, Shay.
Shay wrestled off Adéwalé, who succumbed to his wounds.
- Shay: Perhaps I have.
- Haytham: Come.
Shay assassinated Adéwalé while the latter was distracted by Haytham, though his death ultimately did little to hamper Achilles' progress.
- Using fists to take out the Experto Crede's crew members would count against full synchronization.
- When looked at through the spyglass, the Man O'War displays a randomized British name, despite it being a French ship.
Assassin's Creed: Rogue Memories
|The Way the Wind Blows - Lessons and Revelations - Tinker Sailor Soldier Spy - By Invitation Only|
|One Little Victory - We the People - Fiat Lux - Kyrie Eleison - Freewill|
|The Color of Right - A Long Walk and a Short Drop - Circumstances - Keep Your Friends Close|
|Honour and Loyalty - Armour and Sword - Scars|
|Men o' War - Bravado|
|The Heist - Caress of Steel - No Laws But Our Own - Cold Fire - Non Nobis Domine|
|RGVjb25zdHJ1Y3RlZA0K - UHJvdGVjdGlvbg0K - QXNzYXNzaW5hdGlvbg0K|
|Scott Lawson - Kelly Snider - Lewis Johnson - Franklin Greear - Maria Gurley - Michael Crawley - Randall Gordon - Rachel Plourde - David Borgen - Philippe Beaubien - Conan Brown - Marla Capps|
|The Battle of Labrador - The Battle of Quiberon Bay - Pirates of a Lost Age - The Storm Fortress|