A dead body, its eyes gouged out, has been left in the street. Solve the murder.
- The body of the victim - The victim has been moved behind a cart. His eyes have been savagely gouged out.
- The statement of the witness - The dancer: Did not see the murder, but saw someone flee from the scene of the crime.
- Broken glass - A broken bottle of wine. There is blood on the edge of some shards.
- Statement of the baker - Baker: Accuses the street artist of killing the victim. He worries for the safety of the dancer.
- A crumpled paper - Some sort of cryptic poetry: "They SEE me! They SEE me NOT!"
- Statement of the street artist - Street Artist: Claims he was performing during the murder and did not witness it.
- Arno: Did you see what happened?
- The witness (A witness who was near the scene of the crime): An artist called out and the corpse was here.
- Arno: Can anyone tell me more?
- The witness: There was a third man. He said the gendarmes would want to speak him and ran off.
- Arno: Where?
- The witness: He works in the bakery one street over. You could go there.
- Arno: Your friend told me I could find you here. Did you witness the murder?
- The baker (Fled the scene of the crime. Works in a bakery nearby): Absolument! (Absolutely)! The circus man, the artist. My friend has left, yes?
- Arno: He was near the corpse.
- The baker: Then he is in danger!
- Arno: What happened in the street?
- The Street Performer (A performer putting on a show near the scene of the murder): One less customer. How unfortunate.
- Arno: Did you see who committed the crime?
- The Street Performer: No. I was focused on my perfomance.
Arno returned to the street to find the dancer had been attacked. He located the street performer who engaged him in combat.
- The Street Performer: I am SICK of people looking at me! Do not LOOK AT ME! Let the show begin!
Arno killed the street performer and claimed the reward.
|The murderer was the Street Performer, a local street artist who was sick of people looking at him.|