Overtake the Baron de Valois and assassinate him.
Finish the mission in less than 5 minutes.
Ezio Auditore pursued Octavian de Valois, who had taken Bartolomeo d'Alviano's wife, Pantasilea Baglioni, deeper into the French camp. Ezio made his way, undetected, towards the Baron and assassinated him, saving Pantasilea.
In response to Ezio's signal, Bartolomeo and his mercenaries began their attack on the French soldiers, while Ezio's fellow Assassin turned to him and requested his aid.
- Bartolomeo: Ezio. You have to save my wife. Take the rooftops.
Ezio chased after the Baron on the rooftops, until he reached a closed gate, before killing the four guards in front of it to gain access. He then reached the gate's lever and opened it, to witness Octavian dragging Pantasilea into his keep. The Baron noticed Ezio, turned, and shot his wheellock pistol at Ezio, who was able to evade the shot.
Ezio surmised that he had to kill the Baron without being detected, or else Pantasilea would be killed. With this, Ezio worked his way around the guards, and killed the Baron from above.
- Octavian: I only wanted respect.
- Ezio: Respect is earned, not inherited or purchased.
- Octavian: Perhaps you are right... I need more time...
- Ezio: Che tu sia pari nella morte. (May you be equal in death.) Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)
Ezio untied Pantasilea and Bartolomeo arrived.
- Bartolomeo: Pantasilea!
The two embraced.
- Bartolomeo: Don't ever disappear again. I was lost without you.
- Pantasilea: Really? But you rescued me.
- Bartolomeo: Ezio came up with a brilliant plan.
- Ezio: I did not. It was all your husband's idea.
- Bartolomeo: It was?
Pantasilea turned to Bartolomeo.
- Pantasilea: You are my prince.
They embraced once more.
- Bartolomeo: Now I better earn that title.
- Pantasilea: You will.
Pantasilea walked away, but briefly thanked Ezio as she passed by.
- Pantasilea: Thank you.
Bartolomeo patted Ezio on the shoulder, and then followed his wife.
Ezio managed to rescue Pantasilea, but gave credit to Bartolomeo. He also succeeded in assassinating the Baron de Valois, which removed the French army from Rome and weakened Cesare Borgia's grip on the city.
- If Ezio was detected, a cutscene would appear, depicting the Baron shooting Pantasilea in the head.
- "Au revoir" is a French phrase for a farewell.