Attika, or the Attika peninsula, is a historical region and peninsula in Greece projecting into the Aegean Sea which encompasses the country's capital, Athens. As such, it is home to some of the most iconic Hellenic landmarks, and its dry summer climate is archetypal of the beautiful environment popularly associated with Greece.
During the Peloponnesian War, with Athens as the largest city in Greece, it was a heavily-trafficked area. With the conflict pitting Athens' Delian League against the city-state of Sparta, the peninsula was the central battleground of the war.
Prior to this conflict, the region's economy was based primarily off of the silver mining industry based in Lavrio. With the dawn of the Delian League, Attika's prosperity shifted to taxation as a principal source of income.
- In the official website of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, the regions of Attika, Boeotia, and Megaris are grouped under "Attika Peninsula" despite the latter two being geographically distinct and Attika being synonymous with the Attika Peninsula.
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (map only)
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (map only)
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Worlds: Attika Peninsula. Ubisoft. Accessed 24 June 2018.