Before the 20th century, contact between countries was difficult and almost non-existent, resulting in the various branches of Assassins each having their own leader rather than being united under a single individual. On some occasions, these Assassin leaders were given the honorific of Mentor, having proven they were wise enough, and after they had trained a high number of Assassin apprentices.
During the 20th century, when contact between countries was stable and common, the Assassin Order was united under a single leader, who was from then on known as the Mentor only.
Known Assassin leadersEdit
Leaders who are known to also have attained the rank of Mentor are marked with an asterisk. (*)
- During the Den Defense in Assassin's Creed: Revelations, there is a special type of Assassin unit that generates morale and unlocks rooftops for other Assassins to make their stand on. Although this type of unit is called "Assassin Leader", it should not be confused with its counterpart in the official Assassin's Creed role, as it is merely a designation of the unit's role in the battle.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia
- ↑ Assassin's Creed
- ↑ Assassin's Creed II
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood novel
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Assassin's Creed: Revelations novel
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Discover Your Legacy
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Assassin's Creed Initiates
- ↑ Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Assassin's Creed III
- ↑ Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: The Fall - Issue #3