Assassin's Creed II downloadable content refers to content released separately from Assassin's Creed II and implemented into the game at a later date. The first DLC, entitled Battle of Forlì, was released on 28 January 2010, while the second DLC, titled Bonfire of the Vanities, was released on 18 February 2010.
Both DLC expansions filled the previously missing memory sequences, which were originally cut from the game's development. While the Battle of Forlì included additional memories in the region of Romagna, the Bonfire of the Vanities included a new district in Florence, the "Sprint-jump" freerunning technique, as well as three Templar Lairs, allowing Ezio Auditore da Firenze to explore areas which were previously available only in special editions of the game.
Limited edition contentEdit
Originally exclusive to the White, Black and Master Assassin's editions, three Templar lairs were included in the game. They are now included with the Complete, Game of the Year and Digital Deluxe editions. Additionally, they are included in the Ezio Trilogy (PS3 only), Anthology, and Ezio Collection anthologies versions of Assassin's Creed II.
The following contents are unlocked after successfully connecting Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines to a PlayStation 3 version of Assassins Creed II.
- Maria Thorpe's Longsword
- Fredrick's Hammer
- Mace of the Bull
- Dark Oracle's Bone Dagger
- Twins' Rapier
- Bouchart's Blade
- Ability to convert Templar coins to florins
- The Bonus dye can be unlocked by entering a code obtained by buying the Assassin's Creed II mobile game from the Verizon App Store. It is also included in Game of the Year edition and Digital Deluxe edition of Assassin's Creed II.
The Uplay service provided additional bonuses.
- Assassin's Creed II theme. (10U)
- Throwing knives capacity upgrade. (20U)
- Altaïr's robes. (30U)
- The Auditore Family Crypt located in Monteriggioni. (40U)