The following is an incomplete walkthrough for the Assassin's Creed III. Please feel free to contribute to this walkthrough and help us flesh it out. Please note: When we state a button on your PS3/Xbox360 controller, we display the required buttons in said order.
- Enter the cave, and walk with Desmond's group up until a cinematic. After opening the second barrier, go down the slope and enter the Grand Temple.
- When Desmond enters the Animus, the memory begins. Follow along the waypoints, prompts, and Rebecca's instructions to navigate the first section.
- When you reach a point in which you have to go up, climb to the very top, then shimmy left, up again, left, then jump across the gap. Following this, climb back up to solid ground.
- Run along the obvious freerunning course until the optional objectives appear.
- Walk to the end of beam and air assassinate the guard by highlighting him and pressing Square/X (PS3 and Xbox360 respectively). Kill the next guard in the same manner.
- While on a beam overlooking a slope, do a manual jump (R1/RT, followed by L stick in direction of jump, then X/A) to reach the next section. From the fence jump to the beams.
- Use another manual jump to cross a large gap. Following this, climb the wall to reach the rooftops.
- Run over the chimneys, then another manual jump to reach to archway.
- Walk until you reach the door, then press O/B
- Walk down the red carpet in the hallway until you reach the auditorium. Follow the guide to your seat.
- In the cutscene, activate Eagle Vision, and locate your target on the upper balcony to the right.
- With Haytham standing, walk to the left, into the secluded area in the back to the room. Climb the ladder, then use the ledge to shimmy around the corner.
- When you reach the white wall, climb up slightly, then keep traversing to the right. Go right along the second-tier of balconies, and go past the first two. Climb up to the third-tier, go right two boxes, then climb up once more. Shimmy past the final balcony, then go around the pillar to the right.
- When you get backstage, get to the small ledge on the prop.
- When the prop drops, jump to the left, go around the corner, and climb the ladder.
- Climb up along the wall, then jump left onto the prop. When it falls, continue to the left along the ledge. Do this until you reach a small balcony. Go to the waypoint, and let the cutscene roll.
- Walk out of the theater calmly, push through the crowds using fast walk (you will no longer pickpocket them). When you reach the entrance, the memory will end.
- Limit health loss to 10%.
- Rescue James within 40 seconds.
- Walk out of the cabin and go to the waypoint near the front of the ship. You will now to on the upper deck. You may see some characters with a glow, some marked by a die, the other by signal icons. The die means that there is a minigame to play, and the signal icon shows where an optional conversation takes place.
- Go to the second waypoint, and watch the cinematic. After this ends, a brawl will begin, introducing you to combat. If you are not able to limit the damage, simply enter the menu and re-load the last checkpoint.
- After the third wave, walk with the captain to his cabin, then return to your own. Interact with the desk to continue.
- Speak to the sailor at the waypoint. After this, walk to the back of the ship to talk to the ship's cook. Speak to James, who is nearby, to continue.
- Run over to the waypoint at the stern of the ship, the walk to the lower deck. Activate Eagle Vision, than scan the barrels at the right near the beginning of the search zone.
- Interact with them, then return to Haytham's cabin, and interact with the desk.
- In the fight with Mills, it is best to use the Counter Disarm technique (O/B, when the red triangle appears over his head then X/A), followed by a combo attack. When you combo is interrupted, repeat the process. Whiddle down Mills' lifebar to end the conflict.
- Talk to the captain, then go to secure the rigging near the waypoints (press O/B). Fix the broken rope the same way.
- You now have to deploy the sail. Run up the boxes beside the mast, then climb straight up. Once up on the platform, jump to the beams to the waypoint.
- Your next goal is to save James. Do not worry about the optional objective, you have much more time than you actually need. Run up to the top of the pole, jump up to the platform, Then free-run to the next platform to save James in the cutscene.
- Talk to the captain at the bow of the ship. Walk to the foremost mast, and start climbing directly up to end Sequence 1.
Sequence 02 Edit
- Follow Charles Lee up the waterfront until to reach the end of the boardwalk. Lee will now separate from Haytham to find a horse.
- Continue down the road, past the market stalls, then take a right to reach the waypoint marker.
- After your introduction to Benjamin Franklin, enter the General Store to buy the Swords and Flintlock Pistol.
- Walk out of the store, and get on the horse conveniently give to you by Lee, then ride with him to the Green Dragon Tavern. Dismount, then enter the building, and walk upstairs.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to shoot the guard, then run up the bank. Pick up a musket from the near-by rack, then fire on anyone of the guards at the gate. Do not worry, as Lee and Johnson will take care of the remainder.
- Dope that musket and grab another one from the rack to save time on the reload. Walk over to the men in target practice. Shoot any one of them, then fight off the rest in any manner you desire.
- When told to, shoot the explosive barrels (be sure to use L1/LT precision aiming). Now that the gate is destroyed, you can reload and enter.
- Interact with the chest, then kill the mercenaries that arrive. Be sure not to let Lee and Johnson lose too much of their health, so it helps to start with a pistol kill, then attract all of the guards attentions.
- After the following cutscene, loot the guards to refill your ammunition, then follow your companions. Another fight will commence. Once again, start with a ranged kill, then protect your allies. It is worthy noting that you must remain in the blue on your minimap for the rest of the memory.
- When you reach a road with a border of crops, be prepared to be ambushed. Engage the melee fighters, and once they have been dispatched, take cover from the gunmen behind the cart. Wait for them to reload, then shoot them using precision aiming.
- In the final fight, eliminate the melee, then kill the ranged. Make sure to kill the gunmen on the left roof first. After the final guard has been killed, loot the ammo, then go to the waypoint.
- Eavesdrop on a moving group of guards.
- Do not fail a single eavesdrop.
- Remain undetected during the warehouse infiltration.
- Talk to Charles Lee to start the memory. Walk downstairs and exit through the door. You will be automatically brought to Ben Church's house. Talk with Lee to continue.
- Walk into the highlighted area to begin the eavesdrop. When the prompt appears, blend with the citizens standing against the building on the right side of the street.
- Go to the waypoint, and you will now have to climb to the top of a church. Climb the building beginning in the graveyard to avoid the guards. To the south there is a sniper, so this is the most recommended path.
- This cross is what is known as a viewpoint (for those of you who are new to the AC series [welcome!], these defog an area of the map around them. They are marked on your map as an eagle.) Press O/B to synchronize. After the cutscene, have Haytham look directly at the hay cart below then press R1+X/RT+A and move the left stick forward to perform a Leap of Faith.
- You now have to eavesdrop on more conversations at marked sites to find the location of Ben Church. Although there are many areas in which to eavesdrop, this guide will give information to help you achieve the optional objectives.
- Get out of the cart, and run down the street with the white fence staying to your left during the whole run.
- After you turn a corner, stand by a produce stall, to complete the first eavesdrop.
- From here, go along the road leading northeast until you find another eavesdrop zone near a church.
- On the outer edge of the zone, there should be a few people standing by some crates and a fence you can blend with.
- The final eavesdrop will be a little harder. You will find two guards patrolling a square by a church beside your last eavesdrop. They walk a very simple path anticlockwise around the stalls. Blend with civilians, wait until the pass, then follow they from a safe distance.
- From the area of the last eavesdrop zone, run northeast, southeast, northeast again, and once again, southeast into the green search zone. There is also a red restricted zone where guards will attack if they see Haytham. Stop when you reach a hay cart.
- If you do not worry about the optional objectives, run and fight your way in. Those who do should watch the street to the right by the hay cart. There is a very long guard patrol route that you will need to avoid. When they pass, walk into the alley nearby, wait 5 or 6 seconds, then walk down the street, go down the street of the guard patrol, but instead of turning right on their second turn, turn left. Stop when you see a stationary guard.
- Press up against the corner of the building, and press square/X to assassinate the guard. After this, use fast walk to reach the north side of the warehouse by walking beside the dock. Press O/B for a cutscene. A few guards might notice you, but if you walk fast enough they won't have time to investigate.
- You now need to pickpocket a key and have 3 targets. You only have to kill 1 of them however. The 2 on the boardwalk are surrounded by other guards, however, the one on the rooftops to the west is alone. Climb the ladder, and watch his movements. When his back is to Haytham, "kill" him in a non-lethal manner (assassination with fists selected). It's not pickpocketing, but looting him still provides for you the key. Climb back down the ladder and return to the warehouse.
- Once inside, you must assassinate Cutter and his friends. You can not be detected, as Church would not be very grateful. Switch to your hidden blades, and walk up to the guard on the left. When you kill him, Lee will kill the other guard. Kill Cutter to finish the memory.
- Limit detection time to a cumulative total of 15 seconds.
- Perform a Kill Streak of three sequential deaths.
- Prevent Snitches from calling reinforcements.
- Enter the Green Dragon Tavern and watch the cinematic. You will then be transported to the memory start. Talk to Charles Lee to start a cutscene. After it, follow Lee to Braddock.
- Follow the patrol from a reasonable distance. After the first section, stay right behind Lee. Try to stay with groups of civilians and around corners to limit your visibility.
- Keep following, and when you are not moving, adjust your camera so you can always see your target.
- When Lee stages the diversion, go with the soldiers into the back alley.After the cutscene, kill all of the guards to continue. In order to complete the optional objectives, follow the two tips at the bottom of the section.
- The battle, and memory, ends when you move close to Braddock after killing all of his guards. If you fail the optional objectives, simply restart from the previous checkpoint.
- Kill the Snitches first. They do not fight, but will flee and bring reinforcements. Hold R1/RT to get out of combat and have Haytham kill or assassinate them. It is worth noting that Lee may kill one at the beginning of battle, making your job that much easier. To make it easy for you to identify them, they are marked with red hexagons.
- Achieve the Kill Streak requirement second. Begin with a counter kill, then pick enemies that may attack.
- Find and kill the General.
- Perform three stealth assassinations from a corner spot.
- Avoid firing line damage.
- Enter the Green Dragon Tavern and talk to Charles Lee to start the memory. After the cutscene, grab a musket and move onto the rooftops across the street as a convoy runs underneath. Run to the left onto the sloped roof.
- To begin your ambush, shoot a guard, then jump in with an air assassination.
- You must now ride the cart to infiltrate Southgate. To keep incognito, you must tell your allies to kill suspicious soldiers by pressing L1/LB. The first guard you must kill is an officer standing alone by a barricade.
- When you come upon a house to your left, tell your allies to kill the guard dog and the officer.
- The next group come out of the crops to your right.
- Finally, kill the last group of guards.
- In the next section, Haytham is alone. All you have to do at this point is kill the general, free three groups of slaves. Walk down the road and turn right at a fast walk pace.
- Walk close to the wall and follow it along to a hay cart. Get in, and wait for the General to come close (he has a very strange patrol route) to assassinate him.
- Walk beside the south wall, moving to the stalking zone. When the officer gets close to you, assassinate him in low-profile. Following this, free the captives with O/B.
- Now, walk over to the captives to the north which are guarded by only an officer. Watch him from a safe distance, and when he moves behind the crate, jump in the hay cart. Assassinate him when he gets close, then free the captives.
- The final group of captives are on a ship. Walk around the crate to the end a brick wall, and press yourself close (Haytham should be in a stance where he is looking around the corner. This is not just peering around the corner with your camera.) When the officer gets closer, press Square/X for a corner assassination.
- Climb the side of the ship and watch the officer. You can ignore the soldiers to the front of the ship. When the officer walks over to the stern, near the captives, move in behind the crates, and perform another corner assassination.
- Walk up to the next group of crates, and press Haytham close to the corner. Tap O/B to whistle, alerting the guard, and making him walk close. Assassinate him, and complete the optional objective. Release the captives to continue.
- Your next task is to avoid firing line damage. The first firing line is a tutorial, the second is scripted from the archway as you run north. Make sure that a human shield is always in range to complete the optional objective. Use the barrels by the wall to get to Silas.
- When Silas is dead, the memory will end. Make sure to kill him as fast as possible to avoid an extended fight.
- Limit health loss to 50%.
- Use two breakable objects in a fight.
- Go into the Green Dragon Tavern and talk to Lee. When you get outside, either run to the south at the frontier exit or just fast travel by selecting it on the map
- Before you start the mission, you must you must find Charles Lee. Since most of the map is fogged, you may have troubles getting there quickly. At the first intersection, keep to the right, then keep going straight. When you reach a triangle of roads, keep to the left. Keep on the major road, and at the next large intersections, keep right.
- Talk to Lee to begin, then get on the horse and follow him to the remains of a campfire.
- Follow the trail in the snow. It is worth noting that Haytham will move faster walking on the trail than on untouched snow.
- At the end there is a clearing, and as you approach a kneeling figure, a cut-scene will occur. After it, chase the woman at ground level as she jumps through the trees. It is easier to follow her if you focus on the way-point marker instead of looking for her.
- After another cut-scene, a pack of wolves will attack you. They will stay out of melee range before they attack. When one runs towards you, you have to press two onscreen prompts to kill it without getting hurt yourself. If you lose too much health, simply reload from the last checkpoint. If you fail the first prompt, rapidly press Square/X to save yourself. This will just ravage your health bar so be very careful. You can shoot the wolves at they circle you, or as they run at you.
- After they are all dead, look for a wood platform in the tress to the northwest and activate Eagle Vision.
- Resume the chase and continue to run at ground level. When you get to a rocky outcrop, turn right to intercept her quickly.
- When you meet with Kaniehtí:io outside of Concord, do a Leap of Faith from the ledge to the left a the tree, then enter the tavern.
- Blend with the alcoholic, as you listen in on the guards talking. As you eavesdrop, a cut-scene will occur. In the fistfight, go on the defensive (i.e. parries, counters, etc.), and perform your counters near breakable objects like the small round tables or crates. To do a "contextual counter", press O/B twice when the enemy attacks and direct them with the left stick. This is also known as a counter throw. Once you have completed the optional objective, focus on counter kills.
- Do not kill any guards.
- Sabotage two cannons.
- From the Wright Tavern, turn left onto the main road and start on your way south. Just follow the main road and at the first split, keep left. When the path turns north, turn right towards the south again, still following the main road. At the last two splittings, keep left, then right.
- Run towards the waypoint until you see a cart, then jump inside of it. Once it passes through the gate, you will be desynchronized if you are detected.
- When the cart stops, get out into the foliage behind it, and remember to move slowly. Wait until the patrolling guard walks away from Haytham, then climb onto the rooftop on the other side of the street, and enter the eavesdrop zone.
- Stay out of sight as you listen in on their conversation. When they pass a cart filled with hay, wait for the guards to look in the other direction, then jump inside. The eavesdrop will end thereafter.
- Jump out into the stalking zone, and select your fists as your weapon. "Assassinate" the guard when he turns his back then take the map from the tent. Conveniently, sabotaging the cannons also gives you an easy escape route.(To complete with do not kill guard, after the eavesdrop hide behind the tent and whistle, then get into bush and get ready to take the map.. The guard will go to investigate in the nearby haystack and will have enough time to take the map and hide in the bush.. Hide in the other side so you can go for the cannon..)
- Walk slowly to the other soldier when he looks out to sea. Assassinate him (still with fists), then walk over to the canon and hold O/B.
- Jump over the small wall near the cannon, then run down and stay behind the wall in front of the other cannon. Wait until he looks at Haytham, and when he turns around you can hop the wall, disable the cannon, and jump back over to avoid detection.
- Although you can leave the fort by foot (requiring you to "kill" 2 more guards), you can simply dive into the water, and swim along the side of land. When you get back on your feet, find Kaniehtí:io to complete the memory.
- Kill two militia without triggering an open conflict.
- Destroy 3 powder carts.
- Get to the north east side of the restricted area and you will see a haystack in the restricted area with a militia close to it. Get in to the haystack without being detected. Kill the militia. You will see two other guards sitting nearby. Tap O/B (E in PC) to whistle and one of the guards will come to the haystack. Kill him to finish the optional objectives.
- You can start killing in high profile and a cutscene will begin.
- After the cutscene go to the destination to begin next cutscene.
- Chase Braddock and on the way shoot down(press Q in PC) 3 powder carts on the way.
- Shoot Braddock instead of chasing him down when the opportunity presents itself. Much faster that way.
- Find all the children without making a mistake.
- Find all the children within four minutes.
- Follow your friends into the forest. After a cutscene, the game begins. To find the children, you must investigate clues (magnifying glass icon) by pressing O/B. This will show you 3 overlapping areas. Finding a clue in each zone will shrink that zone, until the game just tells you where they are hiding. To find clues faster, activate Eagle Vision.
- When you find all of your friends, game two will start, and you will have to hide. Jump in any hiding place to continue.
- Go back to your village, and run to the second longhouse. Cut through the wood by rapidly pressing O/B. Keep away from the flames, as they will deplete your health bar in a second.
- Interact with the indicated door to progress. After, run to the right of the longhouse and into it. When told to, once again rapidly press O/B.
- Do not touch the ground or water.
- Find three more feathers.
- Speak to your friend to have the mission begin. Free run up the tree to an adjoining branch. Then, go up into the V-shaped portion above. Press X/A to continue.
- After a cutscene, run through the tree to the waypoint. When you get near, swing to the lower branches, just above the ground.
- The stone does not count against the objective, so jump onto the log. Following this, turn around and help Kanen'tó:kon before he falls.
- Jump onto the tree with its base in the water, then continue through the canopy. Near the end, you will need to run over a fallen tree, onto a cliff face.
- Finally, climb the rocks up to the nest. Walk up to the nest, and press O/B to interact. After the cut-scene, you can either complete the memory, or collect the additional feathers. Please note that you can not travel on ground and water again.
- Feather Collecting
- Two of the three are already on your minimap, the last one will be a little bit harder to find.
- From your point beside the hiding place, climb the tree to the slight east for the first feather.
- Once again from the hiding place, climb the tree to the north for the second feather.
- Run back to the hiding place, and run northwest to a dead tree, climb up it and jump over to your third feather.
- Hunt and skin three different types of animal.
- Combine bait and a snare to catch an animal.
- Air assassinate two animals.
- This will be your introduction to the world of hunting in Assassin's Creed III. The first section is a very guided tutorial, so you will not require any assistance. Just do what the prompts say, and you will be fine. When you are told to hunt a deer, use Eagle Vision to identify a clue in the green search zone. Find a stalking zone to get close to the animal, throw out some bait, then kill your prey when they come within melee range.
- After you have skinned the deer and your catch thanks to your snare, you will now need to achieve your optional objectives. Even though you only need meat from 5 animals, here we will talk about achieving these objectives. From your position near the snares, go south and run up a rock outcropping to get into the branches of the trees.
- As you move about the branches, look out of animals below you. Animals that you can kill will become highlighted when you come close enough for an air assassination. Press Square/X when you get close to kill the beasts. Make sure to kill a different animal than one you have already killed each time, as you may only skin a maximum of 5 animals.
- Combining bait and snare to kill an animal is surprisingly simple. First, put down a snare, walk back a few steps, then throw bait on top. Quickly get to a stalking zone so as to not scare off the animals. Remember that more than one type of animal may come.
- When you are done, go to the waypoint. When the bear charges at you, press the button prompts so as to not get injured. As soon as you can, run of the red zone to escape, then go back to the village to complete the mission.
- Make no more than two collisions.
- Enter the village, and run over to the Clan Mother. Talk to her, then go to the waypoint. Next, you must use the left stick to move during the next section. You will likely not achieve the optional objective on your first try. Just take the time to familiarize yourself with all of the twists and turns, and figure out the best way for you to bypass a section. If you just wish to continue, complete the memory and come back later by way of memory replay. Some tips:
- In the snowy area, fly high to avoid most of the branches.
- You may want to do everything else perfectly, as it is easy to get hit right at the end of your flight.
- To clarify the Optional Objective, you may only get hit once, as twice will cause you to fail
- Please add more tips if anyone else has them. Some people may have a lot of trouble with this section.
- Limit health loss to 50%.
- In the beginning of this memory, you must travel to the Davenport Homestead. You can run there by foot, or much more simply, fast travel by selecting the location on your map. When you enter the region through either way, run ahead to the log in front of you and perform a leap of faith off of it. Follow the trail to the memory start marker.
- Run to the manor, and interact with O/B. The next section is completely story driven, so there is no need for explanation. Simply run and climb to the waypoints.
- In order to achieve the optional objective, you must be cautious in the fight. In order to minimize health loss, stick to counter kills to remove the threat. If one of the thugs grabs onto you, press Square/X to escape. If you fail the optional objective, restart from the previous checkpoint. After the fight, enter the manor, and walk with Achilles.
- Escape within 80 seconds.
- This mission begins in the basement of the manor. Leave the building through the front door, then talk to Achilles. When you get to Boston, walk with the old man until a cutscene occurs. Go to the waypoint at the store, enter, and talk to the shopkeeper. Go back to Achilles to continue.
- Walk with him once more, then watch the cinematic. When you take control once more, follow the marked man through an alleyway. Stay at a safe distance, and blend when you can to remain undetected.
- When he turns left, do not get too close to him. Wait until he reaches the top of the ladder before you decide to follow. Stand behind the chimney so he doesn't see you. When he stops and a countdown begins, run in and assassinate him.
- You must now remove your person from the red marked zone on the minimap, not to mention losing any soldiers who follow. Run along the rooftops to the northwest, and use the tree to get to the next building.
- If you can jump to the next building in line, you can perform a leap of faith off of it in the direction you are running to avoid the guards and make the chase a short one. If you miss your chance, keep running northeast, and dive into the water, then swim away.
- When you have escaped, you may notice that you are at maximum notoriety. This means that guards will attack on sight. If in your escape you ran a distance from the next memory start marker that would be considered "a suicide run" there is a much simpler solution. All you have to do is go into the menu and select "Leave Animus", or "Quit",then re-enter the game. You will respawn (most likely) closer to the mission start point than before. Use of Fast Walk and Blending will allow you to get to Sam Adams safely.
- Do not raise your Notoriety to level 3.
- From where you start beside the hay cart, make your way to the first poster. Jump into the water, and ledge assassinate the guard standing at the dock. Walk up to the poster and press O/B.
- Walk around the crate and climb up, then into the hay cart. Assassinate the guard by it, then get out, walk away from the water, and move behind the building.
- Wait until the two patrolling guards (in 1 group) move behind the fence, then tear down the poster, and go back to Sam Adams. He will show to you another method to reduce notoriety, though for a price, but he will cover it this time.
- From where you are go: northwest(beside the water), west (around the guard post), northwest, north (following the side of a building), then west through an alley. The next large street should have a guard patrol going up and down it. You should see two alleyways from across the street, one with guards, and one without. Wait until you see a different patrol come and go from the end of the second alley, then make your way into it. As said patrol is almost around the corner (or is turning it based on your level of caution), kill the two guards guarding another alley to your left. Begin with an assassination, followed by a counter kill or bow kill. If you attract the attention of too many other guards, you may fail the optional objective.
- When you enter the tunnels, walk through them (lighting the torches on the way) in this order: East, south, first left, south, east at the three way junction, south, then take the first left once again to reach the exit.
- Back on the land of the surface dwellers, run around the building to the printer's shop. Now you must kill two guards at the entrance to get inside. After the cutscene, walk with Sam, then talk to the Harbormaster and select the Homestead to continue.
- Do not touch the water while rescuing Terry.
- Run to the manor to talk to Achilles. After the interruption, run and talk with the obviously panicked man to start the memory. Go with Godfrey to the riverbank.
- There is a very obvious route on your way to following Terry. The free run course will first take you to the middle of the river. To be more specific, across the log onto a rock, onto another log, across it to another log, then to a rock.
- You will then be brought back to the left bank by following this course: from the rock to the log, then immediately to another log. Hop along some rocks, to another log, then onto shore. Run over the first log, then right onto the one bending over the river.
- Jump from its branches to another log on the water, then from it jump onto a large rocks, then bound across a small one. Run up one more log onto a fallen tree, then to the end of it. When the prompt appears, dive into the water and let Connor rescue Terry. If Terry is out of range, the optional objective is failed, and the memory will end when you dive into the water. If your heart is set on achieving this objective however, restart from the previous checkpoint.
- From this point, you can either now complete the Homestead Mission, or do it later and go to Achilles. After the cinematic, go to the Manor for a tutorial on the management of the Homestead. After this, go to the waypoint past the Aquila to begin your next memory.
- Do not take any damage.
- Successfully brace when attacked.
- Use the swivel guns to destroy ships.
- "Do not take any damage" is pretty self-explanatory; do not crash the Aquila into other ships or on rocks while you're captaining it.
- You'll be attacked later by English privateers. For the first part, just use the swivel guns to fulfill the optional objective then feel free to let loose. Do not worry about bracing as it'll come shortly later.
- When the English frigate comes out, now is the time to fulfill the bracing quota thrice. When that's done, or if you don't care for optional objectives, destroy the frigate.
- Stay below Notoriety level 2.
- Limit firearm use.
- Use powder kegs to destroy smuggled cargo.
- You'll be getting into fights often so bribe people regularly to accomplish the first optional objective.
- Save your ammo for the powder kegs on the next leg of this mission. You need to destroy 3 crates of cargo with powder kegs, so position the kegs near them, shoot. You are limited to six shots throughout the sequence and unless you happened to shoot people with guns earlier this is well within that limit.
- Limit time spent in open conflict.
- Limit Chapheau's health loss.
- Perform low profile assassinations.
- For the optional objectives, Chapheau's health loss must not exceed 33% throughout the mission. In addition, you need to finish fights in at most 15 seconds.
- You'll be following Chapheau around. Stick to him. You can either wait for Chapheau to finish taunting guards, which he does every time he encounters a bunch, or you can simply kill them as soon as you see them.
- For the most part, guards come in pairs so you can assassinate one in low profile then dispatch the other just as easily. You need 5 low profile assassinations. There are about 5 separate groups of guards you'll encounter.
- Two sections feature more than two guards. One group will be grappling with civilians. Try to pull off more low profile assassinations while they're distracted.
- The other group features 2 grenadiers as well as 2 regular soldiers. If insufficiently equipped and/or skilled, it's prudent to reduce their numbers fast by putting grenadiers in your assassination priority list. If you can chain assassinations, better.
- There's a chance a bunch of guards nearby will come investigate your tussle with this particular group, potentially rendering the time limit impossible to achieve. This makes dispatching the group ASAP all the more important.
- Dump crates of tea in the water.
- Throw redcoats in the water.
- Perform musket air assassinations.
- You have a couple of henchmen fighting near you. For the most part they can hold their own so you can focus on those optional objectives more.
- There's 100 crates that needed dumping. Help out by dumping a minimum of 10 tea crates into the water and the optional objective's good as done. Note that some dumped crates do not register against the counter so you may have to dump a little more. There's more than enough scattered across the ships.
- The mission isn't finished until all 100 boxes have been thrown overboard.
- Throwing 3 redcoats overboard is going to be a bit trickier. Position yourself in one of the boarding ramps where they're streaming in (less ground means more chances of them falling), engage but try to counter their blows in order to trigger Connor pushing them backwards into the water. Throwing their corpses overboard doesn't count, you have to do it while fighting them. Neither does them going overboard by a misstep while on the defensive from your attacks.
- You only need 1 musket air assassination. There's a rack of muskets near boarding planks or you can steal one from the nearest enemy. Hop on to the ships' edges, preferably near the boarding planks, target the first soldier that comes along, skewer him from the air.
- Limit Native American casualties
- Reach Johnson undetected.
- Perform a swan dive to escape.
- Your target is on a house on the far side of a cliff and you will do a lot of freerunning, climbing and swimming in order to get there. Patrols are sporadic and easy to evade on the lower banks, and on the cliffsides there's just one that needs to be disposed of because he is unavoidably in the way. The rest can be evaded with conveniently-placed bushes.
- Once you're near the house a checkpoint starts up. There is a very narrow window of opportunity in which to assassinate Johnson without him killing one of your people so if you do not care for optional objectives take time planning your assassination or just go in blades flashing. Otherwise, you need to freerun up the house's roof as fast as you can in order to perform an air assassination on him.
- If by some circumstance you failed the first time, the checkpoint will load you beside two inconveniently-placed sentries. You're in some bushes so they can't see you so freerun to the nearest tree you see as soon as the guards get past you or look elsewhere. Ignore the treasure box beside the house, you can always pick it up later, and proceed to the roof using the ladder beside the treasure box as per instructions above.
- With Johnson dead, you can either stay and hone your combat skills against the troops he brought with him or escape the area to end the mission. The house is on a cliff overlooking water, so the moment you find a rock outcropping with birds perched on it go there to take your swan dive. Note that diving onto solid ground far below will kill you so you may have to swan dive whether you care for the third optional objective or not.
- Do not trigger open conflict.
- Reach Prescott's location within the given time.
- You're on horseback with Paul Revere and you need to gallivant across the frontier with him in tow in order to alert the Colonial forces.
- It's relatively easy to avoid roving British patrols since the place is huge. All you need to do is wait 'till they pass by and you can use the road they were in. Or just bypass them completely with whatever path you choose to take that doesn't get their attention.
- If you are lost, you can ask Revere for directions. He replies in general terms.
- While you're in an investigation area you can opt to use your Eagle Vision to scope out glowing doors that signify they're your target location. After opening one such door it's revealed that the British got wind of what you were planning, hence the second optional objective of reaching the next investigation area within the next 1 minute 59 seconds. Use the horse as you cannot reach it on foot in time and don't bother confronting any enemy troops.
- Rescue civilian hostages.
- Kill groups of regulars with a single order.
- Your objective is to get to Concord within the allotted time of 3 minutes. Do it on horseback, there's no way you're getting there on foot on time.
- Halfway to your objective, You'll see a bunch of redcoats taking aim at civilian hostages. Simply distract them to prevent what they're doing, then dispatch of them whichever way you see fit ASAP. This is the only chance you'll get for completing the optional objective.
- The next segment consists of you on horseback manually giving orders to groups of Patriot defenders to fire on approaching redcoats. Three groups of defenders exist: left, center bridge and right of you, so anytime you see a red hollowed dot approaching any of those three defend points gallop immediately over there, give the order to fire and the regulars should drop groups at a time. To fulfill the optional objective, do it 7 times. Speed is a tad important in this segment as being too slow may cause your other flanks to be decimated since the defenders won't even fire in coordination without your orders. There are 130 redcoats that needed killing and 8 redcoats are there per group, and you have a fairly limited number of defenders represented by a single bar that drops every time one of your own is shot.
- Cross Charlestown without taking damage.
- Air assassinate a Grenadier.
- Remain undetected while on ships.
- You start off following a scout to Breed's Hill, where Israel Putnam is. Approach Putnam or go far enough away to trigger his cutscene on arriving there.
- Artillery begins shelling the moment you assume control again. Follow the helpful tip to keep moving to avoid the bombardment and you should be able to cross Charlestown without taking damage. Run, don't walk.
- On reaching the port with the two ships in the distance you can forsake any finesse and just blow the powder kegs on each of the two ships Rambo-style on boarding them. If you want to do this section with full synchronization, read and heed the next pieces of advice very carefully.
- In order to keep from being detected, you must kill all or most of the guards on the ships. You'll know it's safe to stop killing if you've dispatched most of the guards facing your direction on the way to the powder kegs and they're not the roaming type.
- It's advisable to equip your bow or your poison darts for this, preferably before reaching the save checkpoint for this segment. Anything else will alert nearby guards.
- The only way to dispatch guards quietly is to climb the masts and kill them from above. While climbing up the guards might throw warning looks at you, but just continue up ahead and you should be fine. In order to completely dispel their curiosity gauges climb at least 3/4ths the mast's height. Drop again to a point still reasonably above the guards when they're not looking at you anymore.
- The entry points for each ship coming from the water is directly below a mast in one end. Use that position for reference when initially climbing up.
- The ship on the left from the initial save checkpoint contains the sole Grenadier in the sequence. If you want to air assassinate him, you'll have to climb up first in the manner described above, from the rear of the ship. Kill the two roaming guards first with bow and arrow or poison. Do not fire when they are in close proximity to each other, the other will detect you. When that's done, don't air assassinate yet because the guards at the far end of the ship will be alerted to your presence.
- There is a very thin window of opportunity that will not happen if you timed it right, landing at the Grenadier when he's at the right spot behind some crates out of sight of the far guards, but the chances for pulling that off are slim.
- Opt instead for the safer but longer route: climb the mast to its fullest height, cross to the middle mast using either ropes or by jumping across but making sure you land in a platform well above the guards, then when you find a good enough angle and elevation to deploy your bow, do so.
- With that done, cross the masts again to your original perch. When the Grenadier finally comes within range, air assassinate. Try using one of the beams jutting out to water for a closer jump. Make sure to loot everyone first for the chance to recover your arrows as you'll still be needing your bow on the next ship. And when that's done, ignite the flammable stuff and dive out of the boat in 10 seconds to escape the blast.
- Alternately, if you plan on risking your poison darts not refilling if you botched and reloaded the checkpoint you can try flinging a poison dart on one of the guard duo on the front end of the ship then jump immediately into the water. wait for the patrols to go the other way, assassinate the remaining guard from behind. The rest is now about tactical poisoning.
- The ship on the right from the initial save checkpoint just contains more guards than the other one. Just snipe at them from above as before and you'll eventually whittle down the opposition to the people who are on the far end but helpfully looking the other way.
- As before, don't fire if two or more roaming guards are in close proximity to each other. One loiters beneath a wooden beam in the ship's forward section. the other two 's routes are obscured by beams, so you may need to keep changing your position here since the guards roam about frequently and there are few good vantage points from your initial mast platform.
- When those directly below you on the initial mast platform have been dealt with you can use the jutting beams to take shots at the next more distant pairs of targets, most of whom won't look your way. And when you've finally gotten a clear path to the explosive material, light it up, escape the ship, mission accomplished. Everything that happens next is now according to your discretion.
- Cross the battlefield without taking damage.
- Air assassinate Pitcairn without getting detected.
- Limit regular kills.
- Timing is the key to fulfilling the first optional objective. The moment you hear the call to take cover you should have been a second or less from any available cover. The moment you see dust flying up in your location is the sign to run fast to the next cover point. The calls to take cover happen in very short intervals so you just have to be agile enough with your controls to pull this off.
- When you've crossed the battlefield there's an obvious freerun route among the trees that will take you to the hills above. Evade the redcoats below or engage them for combo practice.
- Pitcairn's location is a red zone with lots of guards. When you've reached the save checkpoint near Pitcairn's position go around the redzone quickly to the right, beelining for the hedges near a patrolling guard. A second guard will emerge near your position shortly if you got there first before him, wait for him to wander off a bit before attempting any other course of action, including assassinating the first guard or heading for the next set of hedges. Pay attention to the red dots on your radar, they all wander too much and the guards all have good lines of sight on your position.
- It is imperative that you dispatch the first guard and at most two others that come after him in order to keep from reaching the limit of 4 for the third optional objective.
- When you see the flagpole and the tree nearest it head toward the tree. This should take you to the memory's boundaries, desyncing you if you go the wrong way. Do the next things as quickly as possible before the guards detect your actions: climb that tree. Use it to jump to reach the flagpole. Climb the flagpole's top. Pitcairn's horse is that much closer now. Air assassinate, kick back, relax and enjoy the cutscene and 100% synchronization.