This article borrows content from FileFront.com
This article is a walkthrough for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It contains spoilers about the game's plot.
Sequence 1: Peace At Last
Peace is Broken
1. ACHIEVEMENT: You’ll notice that right after you are thrown in midst of one of Ezio’s memories, you’ll automatically receive the Technical Difficulties Achievement.
4. Stay close to Mario after he takes off down the stairs and to the right. He likes to free-run too, so watch for him leaping to and from the tops of buildings. Fight off all attacking guards along the way and get to the top of the lookout tower.
5. On horseback, follow Mario into Monteriggioni. Before you follow Claudia up stairs, head back down towards the exclamation point on the left of your map. Talk to the woman next to the box of flowers. Follow her back up the villa steps where you will drop the flowers off.
6. After she promises to “repay” you for your services, head back down the stairs and go to the exclamation point on the right. When you arrive, talk to the bearded man in front of the horse stalls.
7. Simply get close to the horse and click the empty hand button (B or ) while behind it to mount it. The horse will keep running to avoid you, so make sure to jump on quickly whenever it stops. Bring the horse back to the man to complete the side mission.
8. Head back through the city walls and go to the final exclamation point on your map. You will find a mercenary testing out a cannon high above the city walls on a tower. After you are informed that you need to find the engineer, turn around so you're facing the villa and head left along the city walls and follow the blue scope on your map to find him.
9. After you talk to him, follow him back to the cannon. Walk up to the cannon and press the empty hand button (B or ) to use the bomber. Press R3 or R1 to fire and destroy five of the flashing targets down below.
10. Head for the blue scope on your map, which will take you all the way back up to the Villa steps and through its doors. Following your explanation of your encounter with Minerva, head up the stairs and through the door in the back left corner.
11. After you and Caterina Sforza share an intimate moment, your bedroom will be decimated by cannon balls. After you talk with Mario, head for the yellow scope and ride your horse to the city wall. After you lose your horse, jump across the planks and climb up the partially broken ladder to the left.
12. Continue to climb up the wall, then turn left and man the cannon. Destroy the long row of enemy cannons or the approaching siege tower down below. Since you can only load one cannon ball at a time, make sure you aim precisely and make each shot count.
13. Once your cannon is destroyed, man the cannon to the right. Don’t worry about the army –– aim for the cannons on the ridge right above them, or at the siege tower coming up the path. After you reach your next checkpoint, run through the doorway. Grab onto the rope of the lift in front of the blocked-off doorway.
14. Jump down the other side and defeat all of the soldiers. Once you defeat them, you’ll be seriously wounded from a gun shot. Fight off the next group of soldiers, but keep in mind that your health will be low.
15. Make your way up the Villa steps. Head straight for Claudia and save her from the soldiers. Head around the right side of the villa and escort her into the Sanctuary.
16. ACHIEVEMENT: Once inside, head down the steps. After the cut scene of you riding off to meet the Borgia Infantry, you’ll receive the Battle Wounds Achievement and complete the first sequence.
2012 - Monteriggioni
2. Head down the tunnel. Stand on the platform to the left of the gate and press any button to open it. Free-run up the wall in front of you and climb up to the next level. Follow the path around to meet up with Lucy.
3. Once you reach the ledge that you can’t climb, stand on the lighted platform again. Follow Lucy across the beams and onto the next platform. Head through the tunnel and down the ladder.
4. Jump across the beams, then climb down the wall in front of you. Stand on the platform to pull the lever for Lucy. Use the crates as a step and jump up the wall. Climb up the ledge and swing across the poles.
5. Hold any button near the glowing light to pull the lever. Once Lucy calls you to come over, jump into the water, swim over to her and climb up the planks. Step up on the crates and scale the makeshift ladder. Make your way across to the left, drop down and pull the lever.
6. Cross the planks and pull the next lever. Turn right down the path and continue to follow the visions of Ezio. Press any button at the edge of the bridge to give Lucy a boost across. Jump across the chasm.
7. Head down the hallway and through the hole in the wall instead of heading upstairs. Swing down across the poles and jump across the gap. Hop onto the platform in the left corner and jump across toward the beam along the wall. Move around the left and climb up the beams.
8. Walk along the narrow beam and jump into the opening on your left to pull the lever. Walk back out onto the beam and follow Lucy up the stairs. Repeat the step of giving her a boost and crossing over the gap.
9. Climb down the ladder and jump out onto the platform. Jump across to the left and make your way up the beams. Once up top, step on the circle and pull the lever. Step toward the edge of the bridge and repeat the teamwork routine. Head up the tunnel toward the sanctuary.
10. Follow Lucy up the stairs. Use your Eagle Vision and open the large door to your right when you reach the dead end. Follow Shaun up the stairs and out into the courtyard.
11. The first circuit box you have to reroute will be located on the wall to the left of the door. From there, head diagonally toward the corner of the next building. Head all the way around it and down the path between the two buildings. Continue down the stairs right in front of you and use your Eagle Vision to find the next circuit box on the building to your left.
12. Turn right, step up the pile of crates and jump across the planks to get over the wall. From there, jump diagonally down toward the pole and onto the nearby roof. Head straight down the building and follow the street around to the left. After you pass a white car, turn right to find another circuit box on the wall behind the pile of trash cans.
13. Turn right past the red car, then left to find the fourth circuit box on the corner of the building. (Keep in mind that there are more than four to choose from.)
14. ACHIEVEMENT: Once you are back with your team, talk to all of them before hooking up to the Animus. You will then earn the Sanctuary! Sanctuary! Achievement.
15. After you have tried few of the training challenges, go to DNA, select the second sequence and begin by selecting the first memory. you will wake up in Roma.
Sequence 2: A Wilderness of Tigers
As Good As New
Full Synchronization: Do not drop below one health square.
1. Your first objective will be to find the doctor. Head for the blue scope on your map. The doctor isn't too difficult to find––he’s the one in the white, beak-like mask.
2. After he heals you, sprint toward for the church tower and climb to the apex to test out your abilities. Walk to the edge of the plank to expand your map, then perform a Leap of Faith.
3. Follow the guards down the path to the right. Make sure to maintain your distance so you don’t get spotted. Take it slow, use the crowds, or take to the roofs. After a lengthy pursuit, kill the six guards when the screen prompts you to do so before they kill the husband.
Tip: Be sure to keep an eye on your health, you don't have much to spare. Play defensively, and use medicine as needed.
Full Synchronization: Kill Il Carnefice with the Hidden Blade.
1. In order to avenge the husband’s wife, you need to go hunt down Il Carnefice. Climb up the building in front of the large wall to get to his house on top of the hill. Once you reach his house, climb up on top of the roof. Lock onto Carnefice and kill him with a lethal strike from the roof.
2. Take out the surrounding guards in this area to complete the objective. You can loot the fallen enemies in order to get some extra money, bullets and throwing knives. Head for the exclamation point on your map to get your next objective.
New Man In Town
Full Synchronization: Kill the Borgia Captain by throwing him into the breakable scaffold.
1. Simply accompany Machiavelli as you walk through the streets of Rome. When you reach the Blacksmith, purchase the Stiletto and Roman Spaulders (they will be found under the Small Weapons and Armor categories respectively).
2. After you purchase the items, continue to follow Machiavelli. When you reach the next checkpoint, you will have to kill the Borgia Captain. He will have two guards guarding the entryway to where he is located––get on a roof from the opposite side and take them out using some throwing knives.
3. If the Captain has not already been lured out, hop down, head through the entry way and kill him. He will take a few more hits than the average guard, but he shouldn’t be too difficult. He can easily be grabbed and thrown to fulfill Full Synch. Once he is dead, make a clairvoyant escape and meet back up with Machiavelli.
4. You will learn that your killing of the Captain won’t be enough and now you have to burn down the tower. Climb up to the top to watch it ignite. After it burns, walk toward the stable near where Machiavelli is standing to renovate the horse stable.
Easy Come, Easy Go
Full Synchronization: Do not lose any health.
1. Hop on the nearby horse and follow Machiavelli. Following the cutscene, hop off your horse and hunt down the thief. When you get close enough, press RT + B or R1 + to tackle him.
2. Look on your map and head for the exclamation point to meet back up with Machiavelli.
Who’s Got Mail
Full Synchronization: Catch the Borgia Messenger in under One minute.
1. Begin by following Machiavelli to the Colosseum. When you arrive, save Machiavelli’s contact by hoping off your horse and killing the three guards. Follow the courier down the tunnel and tackle him when you get close enough.
2. Head for the exclamation point on your map to obtain your next objective.
Crepi Il Lupo
Full Synchronization: Do not take any damage.
1. ACHIEVEMENT: You’ll be ambushed by a group of powerful attackers in wolf pelts. If you can perform a Speed Kill Streak of 10 you’ll receive the Serial Killer Achievement.
2. After the battle, head down the stairs and find the access grate nearby.
Tip: In order to complete a full synchronization of this memory you’ll need to not lose any health. Play defensively, using counter-kills/streaks. Remember that you can still counter-kill if attacked while performing an execution during a kill streak. Getting hit even if blocking fails full synchronization. If you can't do it at first, don't despair. Rather, go to the virtual training and try to achieve a kill streak of, at least, fifteen enemies, do it three times in a row and you should be ready to try it again. And pay attention to the flashing diamonds over the enemies heads, they mean that that enemy is about to strike.
The Halls of Nero
Full Synchronization: Complete the Memory in under 8 minutes.
1. For this objective you’ll have to pull the four levers located in the four corners of the room in order to find a way into the underground ruins. Jumping across the pillars can be frustrating, so aim carefully or you’ll miss them. Once you get the first lever, the other three should be easy as long as you don’t fall.
2. Once all four levers have been pulled, jump down into the newly formed hole in the center of the room. Get out of the water and head through the opening with the white statue inside. Turn right, then right again where you will see another statue.
3. Climb up the statue and jump over to the left wall. Climb across to the right and around to the outside. As you turn inside the next entryway, jump across to the ledge on the other side.
4. Continue around to the right and pull yourself up on the plank. Jump out to the hanging chandelier and use your momentum to propel yourself over the gate to the left. Walk around the pathway and climb up the statue at the end. Face the gate and jump out to the beam.
5. Jump to the plank on the left wall. Jump out towards the hanging chandelier and use your momentum to swing yourself out onto the plank on the outside of the wall. Jump across to the next plank, then swing yourself from another chandelier and over the gate. Head up the stairs and pull the lever to the right of the door.
6. In order to get past the burning coals you’ll have to climb up the broken pillar on the right. Jump out to the statue, then across to the pillar on the other side. Climb all the way up and across the wall.
7. When you get as far as you can go, jump to the middle toward another broken statue. Climb up and jump over to the wall on the other side. Jump from the plank to the pole and swing down to ground level.
8. Just like before, get to the top of the statue and jump across to the left wall. Climb to the top. Jump across the steps, then move around the ledge to your right. Move all the way around and jump across to the ledge on the other side.
9. Move up to the ledge and around to the left so that you are inside the room. Move all the way around and jump out toward the pole. Swing down and jump across the steps and up onto the ledge over the gate.
10. After you drop down into the next area, head around the center structure and climb up the steps to the left of the gate. Jump out onto the statue and jump across to the pole. Head down the pathway to the right.
11. Jump from the statue, to the pole, to the next statue. Jump toward the ledge on the right wall. Move across and jump to the ledge on the left wall before heading through the opening.
12. Head around to the right and up the rings. Jump out to the center structure. Climb around to the left and swing across the series of poles. Head into the center of the room near the burning fire.
13. Climb up the pillar to the right. Jump out to the ledge on the wall in front of you. Climb up and around to the plank on the right. Climb up to the next plank, then swing across the poles to the left to land on the balcony.
14. ACHIEVEMENT: Walk around the room and open all of the tiny treasure chests. Climb up the ladder and exit through the hatch to receive the Golden Boy Achievement.
15. ACHIEVEMENT: Once you are back outside, follow Machiavelli to the Tiber Island Hideout. Once inside, walk into the room with the flag of the Assassin’s logo over the doorway to complete the sequence.
Tip: If you find yourself having trouble, it's best to not worry about the 100% until you've played through once - it's much quicker to navigate if you already know where to go.
Meet with Orsini and Machiavelli in the Tiber Island hideout to discuss the state of the Assassins' preparedness in Rome, and their lack of allies.
Sequence 3: The Fighter, The Lover and The Thief
1. Turn left, climb up the wall and get to the top of the building. Find the plank and press the head button (Y or ) to synchronize your map before jumping off. Swim out of the water and head for the next lookout point on your map (the center icon in the middle of the three exclamation points).
2. Once you get to the top, walk onto the plank and synchronize your map. After you jump from the plank, get up and head for the exclamation point in the Northeast corner of your map. After you head through the castle gate, approach and open the door just ahead.
Between A Rock And A Hard Place
Full Synchronization: Kill only the Borgia Captain.
1. As soon as you start this objective, run past the fighting guards and chase after the Captain. After you kill him with a single lethal strike, run back down the path and jump down into the water on your left.
2. Climb up and around the nearby tower and once you get to the top, before igniting it, climb out onto the plank and synchronize your map. Get back inside the tower and press the empty hand button (B or ) to ignite it.
3. Follow the blue scope on your map and head back to Bartolomeo. After you talk with him, talk to the architect nearby to renovate Bartolomeo’s Barracks and complete the objective.
Tip: The Borgia Captain will be directly in front of you when you begin. He will run as soon as he sees you, be careful not to accidentally kill someone else while chasing the captain. At the tower, approaching from the water will have you at the backs of your enemies - they will not notice.
Full Synchronization: Do not Swim.
1. After you talk to the mistress, begin the long jaunt to meet the slave traders. Along you journey, pick-pocket unsuspecting civilians to steal their money.
2. After you arrive at the boat and the traders kill the girl, take them all out. Pick-pocket your victims, then head back to the Rosa in Fiore. Keep in mind that once you leave you’ll have to deal with a group of Borgia guards.
3. When you arrive at the Rosa, move around to the back and make your way up onto the balcony. After you talk to your mother and sister, head down to the other side of the building and talk to the architect about renovating the Rosa.
4. Exit the newly renovated Rosa and head for the final exclamation point on your map.
Tip: Be careful while fighting the slavers that you don't get knocked off the boat. Keep away from the exposed edges.
Full Synchronization: Do not be detected while reducing Notoriety. Remain undetected until returning to La Volpe.
1. Head for the yellow scope on your map to meet with La Volpe. Once you reach the building of the location, climb to the top and drop down into the partial balcony to find him.
2. Switch to your throwing knives to help you quickly kill the six guards down below before the thief dies. Do your best to blend in with the crowd as you escort the thief to meet back up with La Volpe. Keep in mind that the guards will be looking for you, so stay close to large groups of people.
3. After you find La Volpe, you will have to lose your notoriety by killing officials, bribing heralds and ripping down posters. You look on your map for the icons to perform these actions. After you perform at least two of them, meet La Volpe by following the blue scope on your map.
4. After you talk with him, go and talk to the nearby architect. Exit the Thieves Guild and head for the next exclamation point.
5. ACHIEVEMENT: Once you arrive and talk with your inner circle, head for the blue scope on your map to talk with the guard and complete the sequence.
Tip: Being low-key is everything here. Stick with the crowds if the guards are near, don't be spotted removing a poster or killing a witness. Once you've removed Notoriety, don't get in a fight, stay off the rooftops.
Sequence 4: Den of Thieves
Full Synchronization: Do not be detected.
1. Head for the yellow scope on your map. The best way to infiltrate the castle is go to the right side, underneath the bridge, follow the posts and platforms. Climb up the poles to the left, jump across to the ledge and climb over to the bridge to reach the checkpoint.
2. You will come across an area with a pile of hay and three guards. The only guard who walks near the hay will occasionally check it for stowaways. Use this opportunity to pull him in. The other two won't see you at this distance, use a ranged weapon when you get close enough to take them down before they spot you. Afterward climb up the ladder for a cutscene.
3. Climb up the tower and perform a stealth kill on the unsuspecting guard standing near the ledge. Climb up and move across to the left, keeping in mind that the red dots on your map are guards.
4. Jump into the corner to reach the checkpoint. Lock onto the passing guard down below and jump down to perform a stealth attack. Climb up the stack of crates and swing across the poles.
5. Make your way onto the beam, then take out the guard across the way on the roof by using your ranged weapon. Swing across the poles and onto the rooftop, where you take out the other guard from range before he spots you.
6. Cross over the cords (the guards below will not see you) to the next checkpoint, and climb over to the left so you can go up. Be mindful of the guard further left, he will spot you while you climb upwards, make sure to go when his back is turned. Work your way up by jumping across the planks, but if you miss your jump, there's another path upwards inlaid in the wall. Once at the window, there's another cutscene.
7. Swing across the poles and planks until you come to one with nowhere to jump, and the checkpoint below you. Let go and catch the board beneath you, which shows a cutscene of Cesare fleeing the Castello on horseback.
8. Climb on top of the board you landed on, run up the wall to catch the ledge, and make your way right to the next checkpoint where you find Caterina.
9. After you see where Caterina is being held, run up the wall and make your way to the top. Before you pull yourself up, continue to climb around to the left and take out the guard from behind when he isn’t looking.
10. Return to the ledge and climb further left, the guard further over stops in front of a ledge, send him to the bottom.
11. When you see the stairs that lead up, turn back and head down the stairs on your right. Be careful because there will be a guard passing by. Once you take him out, turn left and then right up the stairs. (Note: Do not use a throwing knife - it will just piss him off. You'll be detected instantly. You can use a crossbow if you're quick enough on the draw when he appears in the doorway)
12. When you hear Caterina’s voice, you must wait for the guards to reach her cell first, then take out the two guards, starting with the one who is behind the other.
Tip: The guards are virtually all near-sighted. If you see a guard in the distance facing you, that doesn't mean he sees you. If a guard notices you, you will have ample time to whip out the crossbow and shoot them dead. Do NOT use Throwing Knives, in some cases the attack isn't fatal, and you're instantly discovered. If you run low on ammunition, loot guards' corpses.
Full Synchronization: Do not lose more than 10 health squares.
1. Make you way back out into the courtyard. Take out the load guard on the other side, then climb up the door on the right wall. Make your way up the wall and take out the lone guard over on the area to the left.
2. Turn right and climb up to the top of the shorter roof. Walk to the edge and drop down onto the winding roof below. Once Lucrezia has been left alone, walk to the part of the roof so that you are standing directly over her. Drop down onto the canopy, then drop down next to her.
3. After you kill the guards, walk through the gate and take grab hold of Lucrezia. Walk back through the gate and head for Caterina’s cell. Unfortunately, you will have to fight off guards along the way. Each time you do this, Lucrezia will flee. So make your kills quick so that she doesn’t run too far off. Lucrezia tends to break free right after the guards arrive, but she won't flee until the guards are dead. Sometimes she'll break away with no guards and will flee immediately.
The Burdens We Carry
Full Synchronization: Do not be detected.
1. Take Caterina and set her off to the side before you head downstairs. Take out the two guards guarding the stairs, then go back and pick her up.
2. After you head down the two flights of stairs, you will see three guards run down the hallway. Set Caterina down again and take out the one guard standing guard at the bottom of the stairs.
3. Turn left down the winding staircase and kill the guard down the stairs. When you head back up, take cover behind the wall next to the doorway and kill the third guard as he walks by.
4. Go get Caterina, head down the stairs and turn town the doorway on your right. Turn right again and drop her down the chute. After you jump into the pile of hay, stay hidden and wait for a guard to pass by before taking him out.
5. Before you pick Caterina up, peek out into the hallway and take out any lurking guards. With Caterina, turn left down the hallway. Set her down again and take out the guard standing in front of the doorway to the right. Pick Caterina up and head through that same doorway.
6. Now outside, turn right and head up the stairs. Set Caterina down and take out the approaching guard before cranking the wheel on the wall to the left. Pick her up and head up the stairs on the other side.
7. Set Caterina down, head up the stairs and take care of the final guard before cranking the second wheel. Go down, pick her back up and head for the gate to exit the castle.
Guardian of Forlì
Full Synchronization: Achieve a kill streak of at least 5 guards. (Note: This only counts if the clock is still ticking after getting Caterina across the bridge.)
1. Follow Caterina on horse to exit the castle. After she rides away, get off your horse and fight off the guards for a minute and a half in order to give her enough time to escape.
2. Following the explosion, it will be up to you to flee the guards and become anonymous. When you are in the clear, head for the Assassin’s Guild (the exclamation point on your map) to meet back up with Caterina.
Tip: Be careful, because the guards will always attempt to break your combo by grabbing or attacking you from behind.
Man of The People
Full Synchronization: Do not lose more than 5 health squares.
1. Head for the two cross-shaped icons and help the citizens fight off the surrounding guards. After you help the two citizens in both areas, go and talk to them in order to recruit them.
2. After you have complete the objective, head for the next exclamation point on your map.
Full Synchronization: Kill your target using the Assassin Recruits.
1. With the aid of the courtesans, follow the blue scope on your map to find Malfatto. When you spot him, summon the Recruits on him, and they'll quickly take him down.
Full Synchronization: Kill your target using the Assassin Recruits.
1. Head for the yellow scope on your map to find Silvestro. Once you spot him, remember to look at his detection meter and make sure not to get too close or your cover will be blown.
2. Silvestro will eventually lead you to the boy’s mother. When Silvestro is in your sight, summon the Recruits to take him down, then help them fight off the other guards.
3. After the battle, head for the pigeon coop to finish the assignment.
An Unexpected Visitor
1. For this short objective, simply locate the glowing box, which will be just down the stairs and around the corner. You will be reunited with Leonardo. Sit down on the bench that he directs you to sit on and pick your choice of new gadget for him to make for you.
2. Any time you see the white “L” icon on you map, you will find another bench to sit on where Leonardo will meet you and offer you a new gadget. Find the other two white “L’s” to purchase the other two gadgets.
1. Head for the Tiber Island Hideout, where you will meet with your associates La Volpe, Machiavelli, and Caterina Sforza to discuss the next objective.
2. Use the map located on the table in the central room. It does not matter if you actually do anything with it.
3. Leave the hideout, and the Sequence will end with Caterina riding for Forlì.
Sequence 5: The Banker
Escape From Debt
Full Synchronization: Do not be detected while escorting the Senator.
1. Head into the Rosa in Fiore and speak to Claudia.
2. Head back outside and head for the yellow scope on your map to track down Senator Troche. Walk to the back right corner of the area to find Troche getting harassed by a group of guards.
3. Following the cutscene, kill the guards to rescue the Senator. Head for the yellow scope on your map and escort the Senator to safety. Keep in mind that as you travel and encounter guards, this would be a good time to call on Assassins and have them clear a path for you.
4. Once you arrive at your location, Ezio will deem that it is unsafe and you will have to escort him to a different location. This will repeat a few times until Ezio judges the area to be safe.
Tip: Troche cannot easily blend, and luckily he doesn't have to. He follows behind you and is often out of the safe zone for blending, causing him to get attacked often. The guards do not care who you are... as long as you don't get involved. Since you can't actively fight, and the Assassin calls are limited, it's best to take great pains to avoid the sight of the guards. As long as you do not become discovered, you still obtain full sync.
Follow The Money
Full Synchronization: Do not be detected and do not touch the ground while tailing the Senator.
1. Follow the yellow scope on your map to eavesdrop on the Senator’s meeting with the Banker. Once you arrive at the location, climb to the top of the roof to get a bird’s eye view.
2. Stick to the roofs and follow the guard as he carries the money. Remember that any guards that you encounter on the roofs can easily be taken care of by pressing LB or L2 and calling your group of Assassins, or shot with the crossbow.
3. From your viewpoint on the roof, watch the guard carry the money into the building with the Roman pillars. Jump down and head for the left side of the Pantheon. It will be a straight shot to the top, so just climb on up.
4. After you arrive at the apex, jump to grab onto the ledge on the other side. Climb back around to the left and use the tiny footholds to make your way down to the first ring. Simply use a ranged weapon or an air assassination to complete the objective.
Tip: Maintaining visual contact with the Senator is generally very easy, as they're traveling in mostly wide spaces. Watch for cords spanning above streets, you'll probably be crossing them.
When In Rome
Full Synchronization: Arrive at your destination in less than 3 minutes.
1. For this objective you will have to pay close attention to the guards. Listen to their instructions to get to the Banker’s location. From your initial starting point, turn left through the pillars.
2. Make an immediate left and head down the tiny path just up ahead. Make your first left, follow it around, then make another left. The guards should be saying, “Now we’re on the right track," or "We're making good time."
3. Make a right at the fork, followed by another right. Make your first left, then turn right at the dead end near the horses. Turn left down the stairs. Walk past the pile of hay, leaving it on your left, and head all the way down this path.
4. After you pass the big building on your left, turn right up the stairs. Turn left and head down the tunnel. Turn right at the pile of hay, then right again. Make your first left down the stairs. Walk past the pile of hay and continue over the bridge to finally reach the objective, a pair of armored guards at the far side of the bridge.
Tip: No news is good news. If they aren't talking, you're going the right way; they will speak up the moment you step out of line. You can use high profile to make things go quicker, but slow it down at intersections, if you're running the wrong way, they'll get suspicious very fast.
In and Out
Full Synchronization: Kill the Banker from a bench without being detected.
1. Turn right to follow the carrier. Blend in with the group of courtesans on the right to stay hidden. Once the money changes hands at the steps, follow the new carrier. Use the piles of hay in this grassy area to stealthily take out guards along the way.
2. Grab another group of courtesans to ensure you stay hidden as you follow the target icon located above the Banker. Hop in the pile of hay and kill the nearby guard. Move around to the left corner of the area and have this new group of courtesans follow you straight ahead.
3. Sit down on the bench to the left and wait for the Banker to pass. When he does, assassinate him. Turn around, stand up on the ledge and jump down into the pile of hay below.
4. Hop out, turn right and climb up the building. Move around to the right, swing across the pole and jump into the street to complete the objective.
5. ACHIEVEMENT: Head for the next exclamation point to complete the final objective of the sequence and earn the Fundraiser Achievement.
Tips: The Banker seems to keep to the far side of the party, which results in you having to cross in front of no less than four guards as well as the Banker and his bodyguard in order to reach the bench he does cross. Move from crowd to bench to courtesans to avoid the suspicion of the standing guard, then hire the courtesans and try to walk over to the bench on the other side. Some courtesans will break off to lure guards away, but you still should be able to get to the bench undetected. If you don't care about getting full synchronization it can be easier to climb around the outside of the courtyard to the left of the hay cart, once in range you can shoot the guards and the Banker from range as long as you stay far enough away as to not be detected.
1. Return to the Rosa in Fiore to discover that Borgia guards had visited the bordello, while Claudia and Maria were inside. Run inside and see what has become of little sister.
Sequence 6: The Baron De Valois
Full Synchronization: Do not take any damage.
1. As soon as this objective begins, run past the entryway and throw a smoke bomb to distract the guards before turning the first of three wheels. Look for the white scopes on your map to find the other two and repeat this process.
2. With the gates lowered, head back to the original spot and help kill the remaining French soldiers. There will be a lot, so you can also call on your team of Assassins for some extra help.
3. Hop on your horse and follow Bartolomeo to the French camp to complete the objective.
Tip: This can be quite difficult, as anybody around you can and likely will start hitting you while you're trying to close the gate. Use a smoke bomb or an Arrow Storm just before you turn the wheel. Best to avoid fighting at all.
Full Synchronization: Do not be detected.
1. In order to complete a full synchronization of this objective you need to kill 20 soldiers without being detected. The quickest and easiest way to do this is to find the group of mercenaries (look for the dagger icon above their heads) and send them in to do the fighting. Another option, if you can do it, is to get close to the wall without being seen and cause an Arrow Storm, which will kill a good half of what you need instantly.
Full Synchronization: Do not lose any health squares. (Not to be confused with "Do not take damage." You can't lose a full square)
1. Stay in middle of the pack of the mercenaries in order to stay disguised. Move ahead of the pack and kill targets in each area before the timer runs out.
Full Synchronization: Finish the mission in less than 5 minutes.
1. After you reach the gates, use your axe to fight off the Baron’s men. They will be heavily armored, so the axe would be the best way to maximize your damage against them with each hit.
2. Climb up the nearby wall and cross the rooftops to make your way to the yellow scope on your map. Once you reach it, drop down and kill the four guards. Again, they’ll be heavily armored and your axe would be your best choice of weapon.
3. Walk up the stairs and crank the wheel to your left to open the gate. After you enter through the gates, head around the path to the left. Use you gun to kill the guard and continue down the path.
4. ACHIEVEMENT: Do not let the Baron see you, or it's over. Once you get to the corner, kill the guard up the short set of steps. Climb up the wall just ahead and assassinate the Baron down below to complete the sequence and earn the Forget Paris Achievement.
Tip: You can make things go faster by either fighting dirty (Smoke bombs, Recruits) or by avoiding conflict whenever possible.
Sequence 7: The Key To The Castello
Head into the Thieves Guild. Once you head through the door, walk over to the daggers stuck in the wall.
Patching The Leak
Full Synchronization: Do not drop below 5 health squares.
1. For the first part of this objective, simply defend the Guild by killing off all of the attacking guards. For the second part, hop on the nearby horse and follow La Volpe. Once you find the thief, hop off your horse and kill the guards.
2. You will have to find two more thieves and rescue them from attacking guards to complete the objective. After you have done so, head for the next exclamation point on your map.
Tip: This gets easier the more health you have. Be sure to heal before your health gets dangerously low.
Calling All Stand-Ins
Full Synchronization: Use Assassin Recruits to assassinate your targets.
1. Make your way over toward the yellow scope on your map to locate Micheletto. Following the cutscene, hop on the horse and follow Micheletto. Once he gets off his horse, continue to follow.
2. Micheletto will walk to his destination to meet with his associates, but once he is there, you're given the freedom to take your time in case you need to fight off guards that likely spotted you getting this close. Only Micheletto need not discover you. When you get closer to Micheletto, he will speak to his comrades.
3. After he hands the costume to the guards, call your Assassins again to have them kill the guards. Do this quickly and continue to follow Micheletto.
4. Micheletto delivers costumes to three sets of compatriots before heading to the Colosseum. If you can't find a horse once Micheletto moves on, call one quickly.
Exit Stage Right
Full Synchronization: Do not kill anyone other than the gunmen.
1. Head over to the left and begin your ascent of the Colosseum towards the checkpoint light. Use the wooden gate to left to get up and continue up to the top.
2. Once you get to the top, turn left and head around the brim. Drop down to reach the checkpoint. Jump off the ledge down into the pile of hay. Head through the small opening to the right and head down the step.
3. Go around the Colosseum, a level above the guards, using either ranged attacks or Assassin Recruits to finish them quickly without breaking stride.
4. Jump across the opening onto the rope. Drop down and walk toward the checkpoint. Disguised as a guard, head around to the left and onto the next checkpoint.
5. In order not to raise suspicions, use your Eagle Vision and walk toward the white light to find your correct position in the play. The first one will be located out in front of the steps before the stage.
6. When the timer starts again, use your Eagle Vision and head over to the white light to the left. The next one will be located in front of the steps to the right. From there, use your Eagle Vision again to locate Micheletto on stage and assassinate him.
Full Synchronization: Do not swim.
1. Carry Pietro and head out the Colosseum toward the yellow scope to reach a doctor. After you drop Pietro off, chase down the thief and tackle him. When the four guards block your way, run around them, summon Assassins, or drop a smoke bomb to get through them without breaking stride.
2. Use smoke to distract the guards that are chasing you from behind. As soon as you catch up and tackle the thief, race across town to find La Volpe before the timer runs out. Remember that in order to get a full synchronization you cannot swim.
3. ACHIEVEMENT: Head over to the Guild (the exclamation point) to complete the sequence and receive the Bloody Sunday Achievement.
Tips: Use your map, if you have to, and head for the bridges onto Tiber Island. Stick to the streets, the level playing field will keep you moving quickly, just don't mow down a guard.
Sequence 8: The Borgia
Head into the Castello through the front door to begin the sequence.
Full Synchronization: Do not be detected.
1. Head straight and run up the stack of the crates. Take out the guard below and to the right before swinging across the poles. Cross the second set of beams to get to the other side.
2. Jump up the ledge and take out the passing guard. Take out the next guard around the turn, then jump up the barrels and grab onto the ledge. Make your way through the opening to the right and reach the checkpoint.
3. Turn right down the long pathway. Take out the guard on the roof to the left, then jump across to the roof over the gap. Take out the guard down and to the right, then head down that path.
4. Get up on the ledge to the left and jump across to the roof on the other side. Jump back across to the nearest pole, then swing across the series of poles. Make your way all the way across to the building, then climb up and take out the guard.
5. Drop down to the roof below, call on your Assassin friends to take out the group of guard below, then jump into the hay. Make your way up the winding staircase and open the secret door.
6. Once inside, head down the pathway and jump up the pile of crates to the left of the double doors. Jump up to the ledge, move over to the door and jump across to the ledge on the right wall. Jump out to the pole and then across to the plank.
7. Jump up to grab onto the ledge above and move all the way around the wall to the right. Drop down onto the plank and swing across the pole to the platform on the other side.
8. Carefully walk across the beam and jump out onto the plank. Drop down so that you are hanging on the plank and move across to the corner. Move around the corner and pull yourself up onto the next ledge.
9. Continue along the wall and move out onto the plank when you reach it. Swing across to the platform and jump up to grab the ledge in the opening in the ceiling. Move around to the left and jump up. Wait for the guard to pass before performing a stealth attack and finally making it to the top.
10. Take out the guard downstairs. Make your way down and to the left. Head down the all and up the stairs. Hit the checkpoint through the double doors and head up the stairs.
11. Kill the two guards in the room to the left (one downstairs, one up on the balcony). Climb up the bookcase and make you way onto the balcony. Take out the guard near the checkpoint, then head through the window.
12. Drop down to the lower ledge and make your way across to the right. Continue to make your way across and jump up to the round window with the light when you reach it.
Tips: As with your previous trip to the Castello, be aware that just because they face you doesn't mean they see you. Pick off lone guards with the crossbow before they have time to react to your presence, and watch patrol routes carefully. It's best not to leave a body where a friend might come along.
An Apple a Day
Full Synchronization: Do not kill anyone.
1. Jump up to the next window and around to the area on the right. Since you can’t kill anyone in order to receive a full synchronization, make your way over to the ledge when the guards aren’t looking.
2. Drop down to the windows and make your way over to the right. Drop down to the area on the right. Head over to the roof and jump across the windowsill.
3. Head down the two flights of stairs, then turn right into the hallway and right again down the stairs. Step up the pile of crates to the right, then wall run up and jump out to the plank on the left.
4. Jump up through the opening. Run past the guard and sprint up the spiral staircase. Once you reach the top, turn left and jump off of the huge ledge. Run past the guards and continue straight down the path.
5. Run straight and jump off the tower and into the water. Swim to the left. Climb up the wall and use smoke to get away from the guards. Head straight down the main street, but keep in mind that you will need to become anonymous before entering the Basilica.
6. Once you become anonymous, enter through the double doors and into the courtyard of the Basilica. Use your Eagle Vision to locate the hiding place, the great statue in the center. Interact with it to finish the objective.
- This is considered by many to be the most difficult mission of the game.
Tips: The guard above where Cesare slips your grasp is practically blind. He will stand at the ledge and not move, and you can simply climb up directly next to him and walk around him; if you don't run, he won't notice you. Once you jump down into the haystack, all bets are mostly off, as the entire city will come after you in unison. Hide as best you can, but also know that permanently hiding is never an option. Keep to the rooftops to slow pursuers, and the guards chasing you should be well behind you by the time you reach the Basilica.
One trick that seems to work every time: Run around the roof tops and ground "collecting" as many guards as possible while slowly making your way to the target. Once you reach the courtyard full of people just outside the target location, run around the corner to the left of the entrance where there is a trailer full of pink leaves. Climb the diagonal wall, then jump to the window over the bench and climb to the top where there are pigeons on the ledge (one good leap-grab gets you to the top). this should break visual sight. Run to the left of the small chimney and jump down into the busy courtyard. The guards are too busy trying to climb up to the pigeons and can not see into the busy courtyard to notice you enter the target location.
note - I've just read this and it worked - I got on a horse a.s.a.p. to beat the guards to the Basilica, and rode around the courtyard before entering until I was incognito again. It took me 4 hours to get through this one level!!! Thanks for the instructions here..
The Apple of Eden
Full Synchronization: Do not lose any health.
1. With the Apple in hand, you cannot use tools, nor weapons. Since using the Apple drains health, you can't use it, either. Head for the front door, but do not run straight at it. Loop around it so that you will run around the guards that come in there. As soon as you're out of the building, head towards the right, up some stairs. Run along that path and you'll get a quick route to the rooftops, which is absolutely essential. Keep moving forward, take quick routes, and try not to get too close to the archers. When you see water, get to it quick. Once in the water, you can keep diving and moving (don't stay under too long or you'll get stuck trying to catch your breath) until you're out free.
1. Head for the yellow scope on the map. Once you arrive, test out the Apple by using it against Cesare’s men. Keep in mind that the Apple’s power will reduce a crazy amount of health.
2. Take out the five targets to complete the objective.
1. Head for the yellow scope on the map. Once you arrive, head around back to find the Cardinal. Follow him to the Colosseum. Kill the first two targets, then kill the remaining Borgia soldiers.
All Roads Lead To...
1. Confront Cesare by heading to the center area. With the power of the Apple, the task of killing all of his guards shouldn’t be too difficult. Once they are all dead, head for the huge gate.
2. ACHIEVEMENT: Following your conversation with Leonardo, you will have completed the sequence and earned the Vittoria Agli Assassini Achievement.
Sequence 9: The Fall
Full Synchronization: Do not drop below 5 health squares
1. After you stab Cesare, fight off the guards. Following the cutscene, hop on the horse and head for the yellow scope on your map. After you get thrown off of your horse, continue on foot and don’t bother dealing with the guards that you run by.
2. Once you reach the checkpoint, head over the wall, up the stacks of crates and swing across the poles to avoid dealing with the guards. Continue up into the next area and get to the checkpoint.
3. Climb to the top of the fallen tower just in front of the last checkpoint. After you have jumped off, use the lift to the right to get on top of the roof. Take out the guard and make your way across the roofs to reach the castle. Try not to be spotted by a large group of guards, otherwise, you will have to become anonymous before moving on.
4. Sprint up the stairs and climb up the next tower. Once you reach the top, sprint to the next checkpoint. Boss time! You finally get to fight Cesare. As you fight him, guards will come to his aid. Once the guards are dispatched, you'll notice Cesare's guard drops significantly and you can press the offensive. Once he's lost enough health, you'll try for his neck again, each time stripping off more of his armor. Finally, when he is whittled down enough you will finish the job.
Tip: If you managed to get the Armor of Brutus, this will be easier. Avoid battle, since you are pressed to move forward anonymously. And have high quality weapons, the Sword of Altaïr and the Dagger of Brutus are the best options, and when in comes to fight with Cesare be aggressive and concentrate only on Cesare, only use counterattacks against the other guards . Heal often to keep your health higher than 5.
With Cesare finally dead, The Apple of Eden has been secured within the vault beneath the Colosseum.
2012 - Colosseo
1. Now back as Desmond, head up the series of stairs out of the sanctuary. Hold the head button (Y or ) to use your Eagle Vision when the screen prompts you to do so in order to find the hidden password.
2. After you arrive at the Colosseum, jump across the two wooden planks and then down to ground level. Turn back around and head through the opening. Climb up the high wall with the high-voltage sign, then jump across to the adjacent wall.
3. Move around to the left and jump across the planks. Cross the series of beams and make sure not to fall down. Once you arrive at the opening with the swinging planter, jump out to it and swing around to the right.
4. Jump to the left and make your way over to the high-voltage sign. Drop down to ground level. Step on the stone to the right and jump up to grab onto the opening in the wall.
5. Climb up the steps of stones and make your way over to the pole. Swing across to the beam, then jump across the two planks. Swing across the two hanging planters, then drop down to ground level.
6. Climb the high-voltage sign at the end of the pathway, then jump back towards the screen to get on top of the tiny bridge. Make your way across the beam and travel up and over the stones in the center of the area.
7. Swing across the poles and after you reach the high-voltage sign, move to the left through the tiny opening in the wall. Jump across to the next ledge, then drop down onto the tiny bridge. Make your way across this long path by swinging across poles and jumping across planks.
8. Once you reach the final beam, jump out to the right and cross the other two beams before dropping down. Climb up the high-voltage sign on the left, the jump across to the adjacent wall. Jump over, then leap across to the ledge.
9. Make your way across the construction area and use the lift at the end. Cross the beams before heading onto the ledge on the right, then jump off the edge with the birds.
10. Walk to the pillar on the left and press any button to push the button. Walk over to the pillar on the other side and do the same. After you get through the door, Jump up the boxes to the left and grab onto the ledge. Jump across to the opening and out towards the ledge.
11. Move over to the right and cross the series of beams. When you reach the final beam, jump toward the cage on the right wall. Make your way over to the beam, jump to the pole and swing down to ground level.
12. Use Eagle Vision when the screen prompts you, then press the buttons on the two pillars. Climb to the top of the area to meet up with the others.
13. Run straight across the steps and follow the light-outlined figure up to the top of the crucifix. Jump across and pull down the lever. Walk over to the left and jump across the two flags, then down onto the railing.
14. Jump out and grab onto the hanging fixture, then jump to the hanging bar to the left. Pull yourself up, jump across to the next bar, then jump across the next two hanging fixtures.
15. Make your way back across to the right and jump to the golden lever to create an opening. Continue to swing across the series of bars until you reach the wall. Jump out to the hanging bar on your right, then again to the other hanging fixture.
16. Jump across these to reach the center structure. Pull the lever with the help of the lighted figure. Jump down and swing across the series of bars to reach the ground. After you join the others, press any button to reveal a secret underground lair.
17. Walk down the steps on the left, then up the stairs on the other side. Walk down the hidden tunnel after the door opens. Drop down off of the ledge and approach the control panel and press any button.
18. Jump over to the golden lever on the right and pull down on either one to create a pathway for you to cross. Complete this two more times to create a bridge to the Apple. Simply look for the higher platform each time you jump and keep in mind that you might have to backtrack a few times.
19. Run up the bridge, grab the Apple and witness the ending.