- "You're inside the Animus. It's a projector which renders genetic memories in three dimensions."
- ―Warren Vidic to Desmond Miles, 2012.[src]
The Animus (plural: Animi) is a virtual reality machine rediscovered, developed, and sold by Abstergo Industries. It allows the user to read a subject's genetic memory, and project it onto an external screen in three dimensions.
The machine was notably used in Abstergo's Animus Project and the Animi Training Program. The former analyzed the genetic memories of several select subjects, usually to gain information on the Assassin Order or on Pieces of Eden, while the latter was used for the training of Abstergo employees.
A newer model of the Animus, known as the Animus Omega, was developed and distributed commercially by Abstergo as an entertainment console. It was compatible with video games consisting of recorded memories. (read more...)
- Not sure where to start?
- The tutorial could help those who are new to wikis.
- Our policies will give handy guidelines for editing and writing.
- The Manual of Style could be consulted to better the standards of our articles.
- Things that need improvement
- Article stubs - These articles need some expansion.
- Articles revamp - These articles need clean-up.
- Articles needing images - These articles need some images.
- Maintenance - Full list of all of the stuff above.
- Things to do - A more detailed list of things in Maintenance.
- Adding content
- Read the rules first to avoid any trouble.
- Uploading images is an easy way to help out - see the upload page!
- Uploading multiple images is of course also possible.
- Add Templates to articles that need them.