Animus data fragments were digital objects spread throughout the Animus-rendered cites of Constantinople and Cappadocia during Desmond Miles' comatose Animus sessions, several islands of the Caribbean during the research into Edward Kenway's genetic memories by an Abstergo Entertainment analyst, and various locations of the North Atlantic and River Valley regions during the exploration of Shay Cormac's memories by the Helix research analyst.
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- The Animus data fragments resembled the loading symbol from Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
- Collecting a total of 25 data fragments unlocked a map of Ishak Pasha's memoir pages in book shops.
- Collecting a total of 30 data fragments unlocked narrow doors in the Black Room, allowing Desmond to witness several vital moments of his life. These could also be unlocked via system update.
- Collecting a total of 50 data fragments unlocked the locations for the remaining 50 on the Animus minimap.
- The achievement "Capped" could be earned by collecting all Animus data fragments.
- Assassin's Creed: Rogue
- Collecting the fragments unlocked certain messages from Juno.