Aveline joined her bedridden father.
- Aveline: Papa you're the face of death! What does the doctor say?
- Philippe: Do not worry, ma chérie (my dear). It is only a–
Philippe winced in pain.
- Aveline: Papa!
- Philippe: My dear love, do not frown so. Between your worry and your stepmother's tonic, the maladie (malady) hurts less than the cure! Jeanne... you were always so protective of that locket. I have always regretted–
- Madeleine: Aveline, I am sorry for interrupting, but I need your assistance – it is urgent.
- Aveline: Of course.
Aveline kissed her father's brow.
- Aveline: I love you, Papa.
Aveline joined her stepmother in conversation.
- Madeleine: There is a slave, George. I promised him safe passage to the North, but during his escape, he was discovered by soldiers. He hides, but – Please, is there anything you can do? With your business booming, and your contacts in the bayou...
- Aveline: Oui (Yes). I will get him to safety... in utmost discretion.
Aveline set out to find George, and upon locating him, saved him from the attacking soldiers.
- Aveline: George?
- George: Yes?
- Aveline: Come with me.
- George: What?
- Aveline: Hurry, they're closing in!
Aveline escorted George to the city gates.
- George: Who are you? What are you? No one said anything about avenging angels or...
- Aveline: Go! Find safety in the Bayou.
As requested by her stepmother, Aveline managed to escort George to safety, sending him to the Louisiana Bayou.
- In the original Vita iteration, George is in hiding before he is found by Aveline, whereas in the HD remake, he is already battling guards on his own when she arrives.