On his own, Ezio Auditore looked aimlessly for information on the Templar Silvio Barbarigo, until he learned that Antonio de Magianis had obtained Silvio's location and plans. With this, Ezio began to make his way to Antonio.
A thief approached Ezio.
- Thief: Ezio! Ezio! Ser Antonio wishes to speak with you.
- Ezio: Grazie (Thanks) for the message.
- Antonio: Ah, there you are! Come, Ezio. I'd like to introduce you to an associate. This is Agostino Barbarigo, soon to be Doge of Venezia... thanks to you.
- Ezio: È un fare la vostra conoscenza, illustrissimo (It is an honor to make your acquaintance, Doge) I am sorry for the loss of your brother.
- Agostino: He had it coming. He was bought and paid for by the Borgia, a mistake I have no intention of making.
- Antonio: Come, Ezio. We have much to discuss.
They sat down at a table.
- Antonio: We've located Silvio Barbarigo for you. He's fled to L'Arsenale.
- Agostino: Ha! Fled? You mean occupied... and joined by two hundred mercenari (mercenaries), no less.
- Ezio: You're Doge now. Can't you command them to stand down?
- Agostino: The committee of forty-one has yet to confirm my ascension. And this little stunt of Silvio's has only made things worse. He has an entire army at his command!
- Ezio: Then help me to raise my own.
- Antonio: I figured you'd say as much. Bartolomeo d'Alviano is the man you seek. He and his men have little love for Silvio. He resides within the military district... southwest of L'Arsenale.
- Ezio: Va bene (Okay), I'll go and see him.
Ezio received information about the whereabouts of Silvio Barbarigo, his next assassination target, and Bartolomeo d'Alviano, a possible ally.