Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|All Things Come to He Who Waits|
Capture the cargo from the ship.
24–25 June 1488
Ezio Auditore learned from Rosa about a ship returning from Cyprus. He headed to the Arsenal Shipyard to investigate. He followed a courier into the city and discovered that Rodrigo Borgia was also in Venice.
Ezio was seated on a bench. Rosa approached him.
- Rosa: There you are, Ezio. Why so serious?
- Ezio: It's my birthday.
- Rosa: Davvero (Really)? Cento di questi giorni (Happy birthday). That's wonderful!
- Ezio: Is it? It's been over ten years since I watched my father and brothers die. Ten years hunting the men responsible. I'm so close to the end now, but....no closer to understand what any of it was for.
- Rosa: You may not see it, Ezio, but it's better here now because of the things you've done. Basta (Enough). Look, here. I have a birthday present for you. It's L'Arsenale's shipping manifest, from the day the boat left.
- Ezio: The boat to Cyprus? You're serious?
- Rosa: And guess when it's scheduled to return? Tomorrow.
Leonardo approached Ezio.
- Leonardo: Ezio!
- Ezio: Leonardo?! When did you get back?
- Leonardo: Just now. I need to talk to you. Right away.
- Rosa: Go on. Have fun, boys.
- Ezio: This better be good.
- Leonardo: Oh, it is! It is! Walk with me. Stay close.
Ezio and Leonardo walked through Venice.
- Leonardo: These last two codex pages...I was studying the copies. I don't know why I never saw it before! But when put together, I realized the markings on the back clarify into words. Here: "The Prophet will appear when the second piece is brought to the floating city."
- Ezio: Prophet...? "Only the prophet may open it... two Pieces of Eden..."
- Leonardo: What are you saying? Ezio, what is this?
- Ezio: We've known each other a long time, Leonardo. If I can't trust you, there is nobody. My uncle Mario spoke of it long ago. A prophecy hidden in the Codex.... leading to an ancient vault that holds something... very powerful.
- Leonardo: Grandioso (How grand). But, if you took these pages from the Barbarigo, then maybe they know about this vault too. That's not good.
- Ezio: Wait...what if that's why they sent the ship to Cyprus? To find this...Piece of Eden...and bring it back to Venezia.
- Leonardo: "When the second piece is brought to the floating city..."
- Ezio: "...The Prophet will appear...only the prophet can open the vault..." My God! When my uncle told me about the Codex I was too young, too brash to imagine it was anything but an old man's fantasy! But now I see....the killing of Mocenigo....even the Medici....my father and brothers....it was all part of his plan! To find the vault...the Spaniard!
- Leonardo: Rodrigo Borgia.
- Ezio: The boat from Cyprus arrives tomorrow. I plan to be there to meet it.
- Leonardo: Good luck, my friend.
They departed. The next day Ezio found the boat returning from Cyprus and saw a guard carrying the Piece of Eden off the boat and giving it to another guard. He then saw his uncle watching as well.
- Ezio: Uncle Mario...? Where are they taking it?
Ezio followed the courier carrying the Piece of Eden. He reached a checkpoint.
- Guard: The Maestro awaits. He will not suffer mistakes. Package it correctly. Do it now.
- Ezio: The Spaniard's here?! That changes things. If I can infiltrate this group...take the place of the courier....they'll lead me right to the figlio di puttana (son of a bitch).
Ezio assassinated the courier and took his place.
Ezio assassinated the courier and used his armor as a disguise.
- Rosa greets Ezio with the Joker's signature phrase "Why so serious?" from The Dark Knight.