Alexios (born c. 448 BCE), later known as Deimos, was a member of the Cult of Kosmos, a proto-Templar organization based in ancient Greece. The grandson of King Leonidas of Sparta, he was also the younger half-brother of Kassandra, who became an infamous mercenary.
Separated from his family as an infant during a plot orchestrated by the Cult of Kosmos, Alexios was taken in by the Cult because of his connection with the First Civilization. He was shaped to become a weapon to be used by the Cult, henceforth known by the name Deimos.
Eventually, his allegiance to the Cult of Kosmos put him at odds with his sister, who attempted to dismantle their influence across Greece in the midst of the Peloponnesian War and to reunite their family.
Personality and traits
As Deimos, Alexios possessed a messiah complex, believing himself to be a demigod, due to his First Civilization bloodline, who would bring order to the Greek world. Due to his harsh upbringing by the Cult of Kosmos, Deimos displayed almost no empathy for anyone and a strong lust for violence and warfare. His nature was extremely intimidating, to the point where even the Cult of Kosmos feared his wrath.
However, beneath his exterior is an emotionally broken individual who finally snapped out of the Cult's brainwashing when Kassandra handed him her Spear as a reminder of his bloodline to King Leonidas. It is after this gesture, that he broke down into tears for all the violence he had committed and was happy to be reunited with his family once again.
Equipment and skills
As Deimos, due to his bloodline and his sword, Deimos displayed powerful feats in combat, specially against Kassandra. He is able to thrust his sword into the ground to release blasts of energy and can even project beams of energy from the tip of his sword. His combat prowess was so vast, that was even able to brutally massacre Brasidas, a highly skilled and experienced Spartan warrior within a few seconds as well as go toe-to-toe with Kassandra and her Spear.
- Alexios, Αλέξιος, is an Ancient Greek name meaning 'defender'. Deimos, Δεῖμος, meaning 'dread', was also the name for the deification of terror, regarded as the son of Ares and Aphrodite and the twin of Phobos, 'fear', in Greek mythology.
- Alexios is one of two selectable protagonists in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, alongside Kassandra. Regardless of who the player chooses, the two protagonists share the same story. However, the novelization of the video game confirms that Alexios is not the canonical protagonist.
- If the player chooses Alexios as the protagonist then he and Kassandra's roles in the story are reversed, with Kassandra becoming Alexios' younger sister.
- Both Alexios and Kassandra have the same romance options. 
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (first appearance)
- ↑ AccessTheAnimus Twitter: ".@MikeAntonakos has confirmed to be the voice actor of Alexios in #AssassinsCreedOdyssey!"
- ↑ Foward, Jordan. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s female lead will be the canon character. PCGamesN, 23 June 2018.