- "This man, Aleister Crowley, has a – how shall I put it? – UNIQUE future ahead of him. He will become one of the most influential occultists of his time. "
- ―William Robert Woodman.[src]
Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947), colloquially known as the "Beast", was an English occultist, mystic, ceremonial magician, poet, novelist, painter and mountaineer. During his youth, he was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.
After having been a member of the Outer Order for several years, Crowley attempted to gain entry to the Inner Order, but Florence Farr refused him. After an outburst, Crowley visited Samuel Liddell Mathers – the Imperator of the Order – in Paris in January 1900 and was given the title of "Adeptus Minor" shortly after.
Later, he attempted to take over the whole order and was known as "the wickedest man in the world." He even begot his own religion.
- Crowley was, along with Moina Mathers, the only known person who was able to see William Robert Woodman after his death.
- Crowley claimed to be the reincarnation of Rodrigo Borgia and Edward Kelley.
- The brother of his wife Rose Edith Kelly was called Edward Kelly, quite similar to his supposed former incarnation.