A notorious murderer known as Altaïr ran amok during the Third Crusade. Not content with the lives he was ordered to take, Altaïr aimed his blade at the one who first gave those orders; the leader of the Assassins, Al Mualim!
- Al Mualim: And so the student returns.
- Altaïr: You lied to me, Al Mualim! To all of us!
- Al Mualim: I have told you no lies, Altaïr. I was simply careful about which truths I revealed.
- Altaïr: You claimed that Robert de Sable and the rest would bring destruction to the Holy Land. Yet all those I killed only spoke of peace, even with their dying breath!
- Al Mualim: Those men needed to die, Altaïr. Do not delude yourself into thinking otherwise.
- Altaïr: I am under no delusions. If they needed to die, then so do you. I trusted you, and you betrayed that trust to further your own personal aims.
- Al Mualim: As did the men I had you kill. They turned against their masters, and they were punished with death. You would do well to remember that.
- Altaïr: You are no longer my master.
- Al Mualim: So be it. Strike me down, then, if you can. You will come to regret those words.
- Al Mualim: A pathetic attempt! I thought I had trained you better than that!
- Altaïr: Why? Why have you turned against the Assassins?
- Al Mualim: I have turned against no one. You are the one who has failed the Brotherhood.
- Altaïr: You must be stopped, Mentor. Eventually I will have the strength to destroy you.
- Al Mualim: A foolish hope.
Assassin's Creed: Memories sequences
|Golden Age of Piracy|