- Dumas: Arno! A word from Bonaparte!
- Arno: What is it, Captain Dumas?
- Dumas: We're in a damned tight spot, man! Royalist sympathizers plan to signal Duke Ferdinand that we're vulnerable to attack.
- Arno: Royalists calling for an Austrian invasion. Dangerous.
- Dumas: Dangerous and desperate! We must take action with dispatch! The plan: disable the Chappe towers and the message won't go through. That will give my men time to dig in.
Arno set out to sabotage the towers.
- Royalist 1: Come on, Duke Ferdinand! Save us from ourselves!
- Royalist 2: I can't make out what those signals are saying. Is it a full message or a single word?
- Royalist 3: It's an order of some kind. For Duke Ferdinand and his men.
- Royalist 2: You mean like "March on Paris" or the like?
- Royalist 3: Something near that. Only in German, I'd imagine.
- Royalist 2: Ah, right. It's a funny looking script.
Arno sabotaged the four Chappe towers.
Arno sabotaged the Chappe towers, allowing Dumas to fortify Paris before an attack could be made by the Austrians.