|A Nice Chappe|
The Chappe signal towers were an invention of the age. They send semaphore-like codes across great distances. Some royalists have taken over several signal towers and are sending messages encouraging the Austrian forces to attack. Disrupt each signal tower to prevent the message from getting out.
- Dumas: Arno! A word from Bonaparte!
- Arno: What is it, Captain Dumas?
- Dumas: We're in a damned tight spot, man! Royalist sympathizers plan to signal Duke Ferdinand that we're vulnerable to attack.
- Arno: Royalists calling for an Austrian invasion. Dangerous.
- Dumas: Dangerous and desperate! We must take action with dispatch! The plan: disable the Chappe towers and the message won't go through. That will give my men time to dig in.
Arno set out to sabotage the towers.
- Royalist 1: Come on, Duke Ferdinand! Save us from ourselves!
- Royalist 2: I can't make out what those signals are saying. Is it a full message or a single word?
- Royalist 3: It's an order of some kind. For Duke Ferdinand and his men.
- Royalist 2: You mean like "March on Paris" or the like?
- Royalist 3: Something near that. Only in German, I'd imagine.
- Royalist 2: Ah, right. It's a funny looking script.
Arno sabotaged the four Chappe towers.
Arno sabotaged the Chappe towers, allowing Dumas to fortify Paris before an attack could be made by the Austrians.