Edward met with the Templars near the docks.
- Woodes: Good morning, Duncan. Just over here...
- Stede: Edward! Hello, Edward! I found a man to purchase my remaining sugar! Quite a coup, I must say!
- Woodes: He just called you Edward.
- Edward: Oh, that's the merchant who sailed me here. Out of caution, I gave him a false name.
- Woodes: Ah... well done.
- Edward: We'll catch up, Bonnet! Later.
- Torres: Very punctual, Duncan. This way. Here he is, a man both Templars and Assassins have sought for over a decade. I am told your surname is Roberts. Is this so? You recognize this, I think.
Torres drew some of Roberts' blood into the vial.
- Julien: According to the old tales, the blood of a sage is required to enter the Observatory.
- Torres: We have the key. Now we need only its location. Perhaps mister Roberts will be eager to provide it. Transfer him to my residence.
The group headed toward's Torres' residence.
- Edward: Such a fuss over one man. Is the Observatory really such a grand prize?
- Torres: (Yes, indeed.) The Observatory was a tool built by the Precursor race. Its worth is without measure.
- Edward: Precursor race... I see.
- Torres: One of your early letters mentioned the desire to kill the Mayan Mentor, Ah Tabai. Were you able to carry out this contract before coming here?
- Edward: I... I was not, no. Too many... complications along the way.
- Torres: A pity. But the maps you delivered with the blood vial will see that job finished.
- Edward: Aye. That's the idea.
- Woodes: I don't like this route, Torres. We're exposed.
- Julien: Something is wrong. Stay close, Grand Master!
- Torres: I feel it too. Do not let them get their hands on the Sage! At whatever cost!
During the journey to Torres' mansion, the group was attacked by Assassins.
- Woodes: Assassins! Above! They're on the rooftops!
Crossing me is fatal, cur!
Don't expect mercy.
I've survived much worse than you!
To action then.
It ends now!
You're consigned to oblivion.
- Julien: Watch the streets and alleys. They could be anywhere!
- Torres: Protect the Sage!
Edward and the others fought off the ambush, but they were caught by surprise when more Assassins ambushed their group, allowing the Sage to escape.
- Guard: Ah!
- Torres: Stop him!
- Edward: You're a nimble one, I'll give you that.
Hang back and make this easy on both of us mate!
Stop, or I'll kneecap you!
Edward managed to capture the Sage.
- Roberts: Well done, lap dog.
- Edward: Quiet!
- Julien: We'll see him to the prisons, Grand Master.
- Torres: Double the watch.
- Woodes: Well, I'll be buggered. What an active day we've had, gents!
- Torres: (Yes.) Beset on all sides by our enemies. We must be more cautious.
- Woodes: I do wish I could remain to see our drama done, but I must avail myself of these winds and sail for England.
- Torres: By all means, Captain. Speed and fortune to you.
- Woodes: With luck, I'll return myself a governor. And with my idiot King's blessing, no less. (Goodbye!)
- Torres: As for you, Mr. Walpole... I consider this the first payment in a long-term investment. (Thank you.)
- Edward: Obliged.
- Torres: I would like you to be present for the interrogation tomorrow. Call around noon.
- Edward: Yes, sir.
Edward managed to recapture the Sage for the Templars, and received the payment for the delivered maps and blood vial.