|A Friendly Hand|
7 September 1918
- Orelov: Wait here. I need to find my friend, Leon. He'll help us reach the Brotherhood in Moscow.
- Anastasia: Is he an Assassin, like you?
- Orelov: No, he is neither Assassin, nor Templar. Stay hidden, stay warm. Keep it safe.
- Anastasia: Why? Are you not coming back?
- Orelov: Did I not give you my word?
- Anastasia: Yes.
- Orelov: Stay out of sight and wait for my return. Dosvedanya, Anya.
Orelov arrived at a guard post.
- Orelov: Something's not right. Only soldiers in the streets...
- Officer 1: Let no one break the curfew! Everyone you see is a spy for the Whites, shoot on sight!
- Soldier 1: Why not attack now? Trotsky is with us!
- Officer 1: The fifth army will be there at dawn. When they're here, we'll retake the city. For now, the Czech legion is too strong.
- Orelov: At dawn? Dammit, Leon, I didn't expect to find you in the middle of a battle.
The Assassin followed the NKVD officer.
- Orelov: I must avoid the searchlights... There are Templar snipers everywhere. Maybe I can find a way to deal with this light using Tesla's little toy.
Orelov obtained Trotsky's location.
- Orelov: Orders from Tovarich Trotsky...Bodarenko? It's far from here.
Orelov reached a heavily guarded train yard.
- Orelov: Hmm, that generator seems to be linked to the light.
Orelov used his mechanical winch to disable the light, continuing to a group of trains with several searchlights.
- Orelov: I need to time my run through these lights.
Nearing the bridge, Orelov was spotted by the soldiers.
- Soldier 2: Spy! Shoot the spy! Search the area, there might be more of them!
- Orelov: Time to run! Fall, and the cold waters of the Volga await.
After narrowly escaping the search, Orelov overheard an officer and Jānis Judiņš.
- Officer 2: Tovarich! The fifth army is here! Bring the news to Trotsky. It's time to retake the city.
- Judiņš: Understood.
- Orelov: Wait! I can't let you start your war, not yet.
Orelov intercepted Judiņš and reached the canal.
- Orelov: There you are, Leon, well-protected...maybe too well... If I take this boat, I can pull myself across the canal.
Orelov infiltrated a warehouse on the other side of the canal.
- Orelov: I can force the lift down, if I can reach the junction box on the other side of the building.
Reaching the roof, Orelov used a cable to enter Trotsky's house through a second-floor window.
- Orelov: I trust he's in.
Orelov found his friend.
- Orelov: Tovarich Trotsky.
- Trotsky: Kolya! You scared the hell out of me!
- Orelov: It's good to see you, my friend.
- Trotsky: Is it true, you have one of the Tsar's daughters?
- Orelov: Yes. I'm taking her to Moscow.
- Trotsky: You didn't bring her with you?
- Orelov: Can you arrange our transportation?
- Trotsky: Bring the girl... I can't do this if you're in two different places.
- Orelov: She's under my protection.
- Trotsky: I'm sorry, Kolya. I wish you'd have just brought the girl with you.
- Orelov: No! You're making a mistake, Leon!
- Trotsky: I don't care about your war with the Templars, Nikolaï. The workers' revolution is all that matters. And this girl is a symbol. She has to die.
Nikolai Orelov was taken prisoner after the betrayal by his friend Trotsky.
Assassin's Creed Chronicles memories