|A Boorish Man|
Meet with the Assassin and convince him to train you.
Limit health loss - 50%
28 – 29 October 1769
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Leaving home was harder than I thought. I expected the journey would fill me with a sort of pride. A sense of accomplishment. But whatever it was that carried me away from home soon fled, replaced by questions - and no small amount of doubt. Had I been too hasty? Had I made a mistake? The others in the village - they thought this was something I wanted. Something I chose to do. But it never felt that way to me. No, it was not a choice. It was an obligation. Because if not me, then who?
While making his way to the Homestead, Ratonhnhaké:ton witnessed an elderly man on a horse being chased by two robbers.
- Achilles: GET OUT OF THE WAY!
- Robber 1: After 'im!
Reaching the Homestead, Ratonhnhaké:ton found a man with a horse. If he stole the horse, the man would attack him.
- Man: Hey! What are you doing?! That's mine!
I'll have your head, scapegrace!
Get back here, you addle-plot!
- Terry: Hello!
- Godfrey: Hello!
- Terry: You must be one of them native fellas. From the uh... what's it called... Iroquois tribe? Aye. You from that?
- Godfrey: Course not, Terry. Iroquois ain't a tribe.
- Terry: Is so.
- Godfrey: Is not! The Iroquois is a confederation.
- Terry: Confeda-what-now?
- Godfrey: Confederation, ya tony. It's a group. An alliance. Lotsa different kinds of people all united.
- Terry: Right. Like I said. A tribe.
- Godfrey: Listen you totty-headed twiddle poop - there's difference between a tribe and a confederation and it's not my fault your skull's too thick to make sense of it.
- Terry: Who you calling a twiddle poop, you crump-backed scab!
The two men then started fighting.
- Terry: Hey now! This is between me and him!
- Godfrey: Yeah! Mind your business!
Ratonhnhaké:ton approached two robbers talking to each other.
- Robber 1: Just give it a few days. We'll tend to the wounded, resupply, and come up wit a plan... I've sent Enoch to scout the place, figure out the best way in...
- Robber 2: You hear 'im before? Sayin' 'e 'as no master but 'imself. What a load of fee faw fum. If he ain't no master, guess he's ours to do wit as we please.
- Robber 1: Indeed. All in good time.
Ratonhnhaké:ton approached the robbers.
- Robber 1: Private matters being discussed here. Best you move along.
- Robber 2: Won't warn you again...
Ratonhnhaké:ton then knocked on the door of the mansion.
- Achilles: What?
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Um... I... I was told you could train me.
- Achilles: No.
Achilles closed the door and Ratonhnhaké:ton knocked again.
- Achilles: Go away!
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I'm not leaving! ... I need a place to camp. This should do.
Ratonhnhaké:ton then spent the night in the stables. The following day, he tried the door again.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: There must be another way in.
Ratonhnhaké:ton then tried the backdoor.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Please, all I ask is a moment of your time...
- Achilles: I apologize if I've been unclear - or otherwise confused you with my words, it was never my intention to mislead. So let me try to clarify: GET THE HELL OFF MY LAND!
Ratonhnhaké:ton climbed up to the balcony porch.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I'm coming up! Just hear me out! What are you so afraid of?!
Achilles opened the door and tripped Ratonhnhaké:ton with his cane. He pressed the head of the cane to Ratonhnhaké:ton's throat.
- Achilles: Afraid? You think I'm afraid of ANYTHING, least of all, a self-important little scab like you?! Oh, you might dream of being a hero. Of riding to rescues, of saving the world - but stay this course, and the only thing you're gonna be is DEAD. The world's moved on, boy. Best you do too.
Achilles went back inside, slamming the door.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I will not leave! Do you hear me? I am NEVER leaving! Just wait, old man. I won't be defeated so easily. You WILL train me, you HAVE to.
That night, Ratonhnhaké:ton slept in the stables again. Sometime during that night, robbers moved around the house.
- Robber 1: He's a square toes - this'll be easy.
- Robber 2: That's what you said last time and I wound up with a dead 'orse an a dark eye.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Who are you?
- Robber 1: No one you need concern yourself with, little breeches.
- Robber 2: Best cut 'fore something bad 'appens.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: No.
- Robber 2: Can't say we didn't warn ya.
Ratonhnhaké:ton fought the robbers and killed one of them. The other then called for the rest of the men.
- Robbers: Oi! Brothers!
Yield, boy, and we'll do ya quickly
Songs and spirits can't save ya now!
Hah! Look at the savage dance!
Shoulda run when ya had the chance...
Ratonhnhaké:ton then questioned one of the robbers.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Why are you here? What do you want?
- Robber: Best ask the bossman.
The leader beat Ratonhnhaké:ton to the ground.
- Leader: You workin' for the old man, then? That it? Maybe this'll get ya talkin'. Oh.
Achilles snuck up behind the men and stealthily killed them.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Thank you.
- Achilles: Clean this up. Then, I suppose we should talk...
Ratonhnhaké:ton then entered the manor and spoke with Achilles, falling through a chair when trying to sit.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Sorry.
- Achilles: Not your fault. This whole place is ready to come down. Goddamn miracle it hasn't already. Anyway, who are you?
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: My name is Ratonhnhaké:ton.
- Achilles: Right. Well, I'm not even going to try and pronounce that. Now tell me why you're here.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I was told to seek this symbol.
- Achilles: Do you even know what that symbol represents? Or what it is you're asking for?
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: No.
- Achilles: And yet here you are.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: The spirit said that - That I've -
- Achilles: These "spirits" of yours have been harassing the Assassins for centuries. Ever since Ezio uncorked the bottle... Ah - but you don't even know what an Assassin is, do you? Well best settle in, then. I've got a story to tell and it's gonna take a while to get it all out...
A certain amount of time passed with Achilles explaining about the Assassins and Templars.
- Achilles: ... and so this is why the Assassins have dedicated themselves to the pursuit of the Templars. Because if they succeed - your spirit's visions will become reality.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Then I will stop them.
- Achilles: Oh I have no doubt you'll try. Come on. I've something to show you. Careful. Wasn't a joke when I said this place was coming apart.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Why don't you repair it?
- Achilles: What's the point? Besides I don't have materials for the job.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: So buy them.
- Achilles: Look at me! You think I can just march into some store, purse full of pounds, and go shopping?
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Yes. Why not?
- Achilles: So naive...
Achilles then opened a secret door to the basement.
- Achilles: This way.
Ratonhnhaké:ton started looking at the Assassin robes in the basement.
- Achilles: Don't think you can just come in here, throw those on and call yourself an Assassin.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I... did not... I would never presume...
- Achilles: That's alright. I know they've a certain allure. Very well. I'll train you. Then we'll know if you've the right to wear those robes...
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Thank you... uh...
- Achilles: Name's Achilles. Come on, then. We've work to do.
- Echo: You are a speck of dust. A nothing. You - and all your kind. Living in the dirt like animals. Oblivious to the true ways of the world...
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: What do the Templars want?
- Achilles: What they've always wanted: Control. They see an opportunity in the colonies. A chance for new beginnings, unfettered by the chaos of the past. This is why they back the British. Here they have a chance to illustrate the merits of their beliefs: A people in service to the principles of order and structure.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I have seen what is to come if they succeed. They have to die, don't they? All of them. Even my father.
- Achilles: Especially your father. He's the one holding the whole thing together.
Ratonhnhaké:ton met with Achilles Davenport, who, after a while, accepted to train him into an Assassin, allowing him to follow the path Juno had shown him.